The Student Room Group

How do I survive university without getting shot/knifed/assaulted/abducted by a cult?

Hello,

So I've been reading the news and have once again confirmed that the world is up to no good. I love the prospect of going to university next year, but I am a little bit concerned about getting into trouble with chavs and any other forms of evil.

I know the basic rules. Avoid walking alone. Don't be out so late (how late do students usually stay out during weekends?). Stick to student areas. Any more rules you'd like to share? Should I take a taxi everywhere I go? Or should I bring my car to uni (that would mean I need driving lessons)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where are you going to university? Bogota? Kabul?
Dude chill lol

Yes there's usually a dodgy place in every uni city but just be smart. Don't ask for trouble. Yes use a taxi with friends coming home at 2/3am on a Fri or sat night.
Where on earth are you going to uni?! This all sounds a bit...much
Reply 4
lmao.

I bet you ride horses.
Reply 5
Simple answer is... You don't survive. Good luck out there mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well I would start by not applying to the university of Mordor.

But seriously, risk of all those things is tiny. Just use your common sense.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

So I've been reading the news and have once again confirmed that the world is up to no good. I love the prospect of going to university next year, but I am a little bit concerned about getting into trouble with chavs and any other forms of evil.

I know the basic rules. Avoid walking alone. Don't be out so late (how late do students usually stay out during weekends?). Stick to student areas. Any more rules you'd like to share? Should I take a taxi everywhere I go? Or should I bring my car to uni (that would mean I need driving lessons)?

Do you mean religious group societies in uni? They often get away with extremism unchecked.
Reply 8
Chavs are definitely a cult
Reply 9
Original post by Clip
Where are you going to university? Bogota? Kabul?

Manchester :biggrin:
Original post by Tai Ga
lmao.

I bet you ride horses.

I do not.

I would not mind having a horse, though.
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Where on earth are you going to uni?! This all sounds a bit...much

I was only half serious about the cult abductions :smile:
Original post by Tai Ga
lmao.

I bet you ride horses.

How did you link those two things together?

Just be streetwise. Don't go out in the dark naked, share a cab with your friends and use your general common sense.
Original post by abbiemac

Just be streetwise. Don't go out in the dark naked, share a cab with your friends and use your general common sense.

Hmm. Understood. Thank you :smile:
Reply 14

lol, common sense and tsr!
Original post by samba
lol, common sense and tsr!

A concept too hard to fathom, even for the most 'intellegent' of minds.
Original post by Tai Ga
lmao.

I bet you ride horses.

As said before: lolwut? Got a chip on your shoulder or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps she was terrorised by horse riders in her youth and harbours a resentment towards them.
Reply 18

OP not being street smart and thinking the worst sort of things will happen once he leaves his bubble.

Horse riding being associated with typical rah activities and usually reserved for privileged kids.

It was a joke though

Original post by Jammy Duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

wot lol? Who are you and what did you say before?

lol no, my comment was comment was quite clearly meant in jest. Sorry if your feelings were hurt :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tai Ga
OP not being street smart and thinking the worst sort of things will happen once he leaves his bubble.

Horse riding being associated with typical rah activities and usually reserved for privileged kids.

It was a joke though

wot lol? Who are you and what did you say before?

lol no, my comment was comment was quite clearly meant in jest. Sorry if your feelings were hurt :dontknow:

There are assorted things wrong with this post too :tongue:
Kinda ironic you taking about having feelings hurt though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending