The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Fruitarianism

http://www.fruitarian.com/

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. I'd love to become one, but not now while I'm 16, maybe later in my life provided I'm still alive, say around, 80. :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think I'll become a fruitarian in the near future.
For one thing, I love lamb too damn much :p:
Reply 2
Ron Stoppable
There was a fruitarian in Notting Hill! :biggrin:

YES there was, I was only talking about that t'other day!
Reply 3
Wouldn't mind trying it out as a detox, but although the website in the OP says that you can live on fruit and nuts alone, I honestly wouldn't want to :biggrin: Chicken is something I just couldn't live without :love:
Reply 4
Yeah seriously I get cravings for meat a lot, so it really wouldn't work out long term. I could live on meat substitutes for a while though like quorn, but not for long.
*mmmmmmmm chick-chick-chicken*
Reply 5
They only eat groovy jam, made from fruit that agreed to be in the jam in the first place.
Reply 6
paddylad
Yeah seriously I get cravings for meat a lot, so it really wouldn't work out long term. I could live on meat substitutes for a while though like quorn, but not for long.
*mmmmmmmm chick-chick-chicken*

I feel like chicken tonight...

Wait, I'm having fish tonight :doh:
Reply 7
What is it where people will only eat things that don't cast a shadow? I remember reading about it when i did GCSE food tech, but can't remember what it's called.

And being a former vegetarian, i reckon it would be ok for a while. but the cravings for meat start after a couple of years...
Reply 8
With frutarianism, I don't believe it would be a craving for meat but a crawing for dairy and other products... no Quorn on a Fruitarian diet!
Reply 9
Hang on, isn't this the one where you only eat fruit/veg that has fallen from the tree/plant it grows from?

So, how are you going to know if the fruit/veg has been picked or not? And why are we worrying about the welfare of vegetables! Courgettes have feelings too :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ah, according to Wiki the above is for some fruitarians only. In a general sense fruitarians just eat raw fruit and veg. Which would give you the squits?

BTW the www.fruitarian.com site has so much bold underlined italic text it made me want to scream!
Azzle
What is it where people will only eat things that don't cast a shadow? I remember reading about it when i did GCSE food tech, but can't remember what it's called.

And being a former vegetarian, i reckon it would be ok for a while. but the cravings for meat start after a couple of years...

a "level 5 vegan"??

think it was off the simpsons, the one where Lisa likes the eco warrior guy and lives in a tree
Reply 11
xXMessedUpXx
a "level 5 vegan"??

think it was off the simpsons, the one where Lisa likes the eco warrior guy and lives in a tree

Yup, that's exactly right :top: Was said by Jesse Grass in "Lisa the Tree Hugger" :smile:
although i LOVE my fruit i dont think surviving on it alone and nuts would be enough for me especially wuth my lifestyle
Dalimyr
Yup, that's exactly right :top: Was said by Jesse Grass in "Lisa the Tree Hugger" :smile:

oooh yay

i got it right...can i have a cookie? :biggrin:
Dalimyr

oooh yay

Reply 15
xXMessedUpXx
oooh yay

Of course you can...watch out, though - the wee guy doesn't like giving out his cookies

:biggrin:
Reply 16
got to love that fruit...
Reply 17
I think it's crazy... veganism is as far as I'd go
wouldn't they get indigestion from all that citric acid?
Reply 19
I reckon this is the logical progression that moralistic vegetarians should reach. Why stop with animals? Seems sensible to me, if you take that stance. I just don't mind having animals killed so I can eat them.:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending