The Student Room Group

Question about entry requirements

Hello, I have a question about universities entry requirements. I'm international student from Lithuania (in EU). So for example lets take entry requirements from university of Glasgow.

2015 ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS - ENGINEERING BOTH B.Eng
and M.Eng DEGREE PROGRAMMES

Award of Brandos Atestatas with average grade 90% in 3 State Exams. No individual subject less than 85%. Exams must be externally marked. Exams marked by schools will not be considered

I'm planning to take 5 exams : Lithuanian language (it is compulsory), Mathematics, Physics, English, and Computer science.

I have no problem with math, physics, English and computer science, I think it is quite possible for me to get more than 85%.

My problem is Lithuanian language (ironical, I know), my guess is that I will get about 70-75%.

Does that matter? I mean in quote it says "in 3 state exams", so for example can I choose to exclude Lithuanian language from that list? Or if get less than 85% in Lithuanian language I will be rejected?

Thank you for your answers, and sorry if I posted in wrong place :smile:

P.S. What is MEng and BEng, and which should I choose if I want the best education?
In three of your exams (I assume your best three), you must get an average of 90% or higher. All of the exams you take must be above 85%.
Thus, you wouldn't meet the requirements if you get 90% in your best three subjects, and 75% in Lithuanian.

MEng is an integrated Master's programme, so you would get a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree in the same course. For UK students, it's preferable to a BEng as student finance will also fund the Master's in that situation, but your situation is obviously different.
A BEng is a course that just gives you the Bachelor's degree.
Reply 2
Thank you, everything is clearer now. So I guess SAAS only pays for BEng studies and not for MEng, right?
Original post by dariusnikis
Thank you, everything is clearer now. So I guess SAAS only pays for BEng studies and not for MEng, right?

I honestly wouldn't know, but typically as MEng courses are all one course they are covered by the same finance (as opposed to doing a BEng and then a Master's).
Reply 4
hi - SAAS will pay tuition fees for the integrated MEng and a Uni will often ask for results in your best three exams (A levels - just the same for those taking four) - so no you wouldn't fail requirements based on your Lithuania result.
Reply 5
Thank you, I suppose there is some hope :biggrin:
Email Glasgow and ask them whether the conditions apply to your best three subjects or all five.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending