The Student Room Group

Do you want to marry a feminist (male / female)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DelReyRevolution
But that is exactly what a real feminist is. This is pretty annoying, people cannot tell the difference between extremism and the real thing. People always say that feminists are misandrists or whatever but they're not. Misandrists are misandrists. Feminists are feminists and never shall the two meet.

It's like when people say the Taliban are the true muslims, well no, they're not, they're extremists who overlook half of their own religious texts.

So kindly remind me of the last time a group of feminists rallied in support of extending prison sentences for women? Or to increase mental health and suicide awareness for men? Or to increase workplace safety for men? Or to spend more money on research for male dominated diseases and cancers? Or stopping domestic violence against men?

I can't recall such a thing ever happening in the history of humankind
Also just noticed there's no option in the poll for a woman who wants to marry a female or non-male feminist.
Original post by al_94
What do you mean by equal rights? In what sense?

Equal pay for women, not just treated as maids, offered the same jobs as men and treated as equal to men

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously. I want a wife, not a butler.
Original post by Odd socks
Also just noticed there's no option in the poll for a woman who wants to marry a female or non-male feminist.

So what? You don't have to vote...
Original post by bertstare
So kindly remind me of the last time a group of feminists rallied in support of extending prison sentences for women? Or to increase mental health and suicide awareness for men? Or to increase workplace safety for men? Or to spend more money on research for male specific diseases and cancers?

I can't recall such a thing ever happening in the history of humankind

And where have men ever done it for women? Oh that's right, never. It's a movement for the equality of women where it's due, not to bring about OVERALL equality of the sexes. It fights for equality in areas where men are already superior in terms of the rights they have. Mental Health and Suicide Awareness is an issue for both sexes. You don't focus solely on men. I don't believe that's a feminist movement anyway. Feminism focuses, to me, on equal pay, the ability to work in the same fields as men, eradicating stereotypes that women should stay in the kitchen and look after the children.

I don't know what you're going on about here.
And where have men ever done it for women? Oh that's right, never. It's a movement for the equality of women where it's due, not to bring about OVERALL equality of the sexes. It fights for equality in areas where men are already superior in terms of the rights they have. Mental Health and Suicide Awareness is an issue for both sexes. You don't focus solely on men. I don't believe that's a feminist movement anyway. Feminism focuses, to me, on equal pay, the ability to work in the same fields as men, eradicating stereotypes that women should stay in the kitchen and look after the children.

I don't know what you're going on about here.

So in other words, they only fight for women's issues. AKA, they don't fight for equality. Glad we cleared that up.
Original post by bittr n swt
So what? You don't have to vote...

If someone's going to make a poll they should have more than just options for straight people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
If someone's going to make a poll they should have more than just options for straight people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's only a poll get over it and stop making a big deal
Original post by bertstare
So in other words, they only fight for women's issues. AKA, they don't fight for equality. Glad we cleared that up.

No. They fight for issues where men already have the upper-hand, making women on the same level. So don't twist my words to suit your own ends.

Men deserve equal rights and all of the same things women have but you're completely missing the point: men already had a tonne of things women didn't. The entire feminism movement was brought on because of the oppression of women. You need to actually look into what the initial focus of the Suffragettes and the feminist movement actually was, then perhaps you might understand it a lot better - you clearly speak from ignorance.
Reply 50
Depends, if you mean an actual feminist that stands for equal rights then I wouldn't care.

If you mean the average feminist that has hatred towards men in general and wants female liberties then no.
Reply 51
Original post by _Charlotte15
Equal pay for women, not just treated as maids, offered the same jobs as men and treated as equal to men

I believe that men and women are different and therefore should be treated as such. Men and women compliment each other and therefore they are equal in that sense but they are not the same. We have to recognize the difference between men and women. The feminist movement does not believe in this.
Original post by LTG
Depends, if you mean an actual feminist that stands for equal rights then I wouldn't care.

If you mean the average feminist that has hatred towards men in general and wants female liberties then no.

Finally, someone who realises that there is a big difference between the modern perception and the actual feminist ideology.
It's only a poll get over it and stop making a big deal

My reply was only a comment, why is it such a big deal to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al_94
I believe that men and women are different and therefore should be treated as such. Men and women compliment each other and therefore they are equal in that sense but they are not the same. We have to recognize the difference between men and women. The feminist movement does not believe in this.

But it does? It merely doesn't agree with how men can get paid more for doing the same job and all of those sorts of things.

I do agree that men and women have their differences but you have to put feminism into context.
Original post by al_94

Wait so your saying that women shouldn't be given equal pay even if they were doing the same job as the male ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. They fight for issues where men already have the upper-hand, making women on the same level. So don't twist my words to suit your own ends.

Men deserve equal rights and all of the same things women have but you're completely missing the point: men already had a tonne of things women didn't. The entire feminism movement was brought on because of the oppression of women. You need to actually look into what the initial focus of the Suffragettes and the feminist movement actually was, then perhaps you might understand it a lot better - you clearly speak from ignorance.

So women being "objectified" in magazines is a more important social issue than 80% of suicides being male? Because feminists will shout about the former till everyone's ears bleed, and yet not give a single care about the latter.

This is what you call a movement that cares about gender equality? Troll harder please.
Original post by _Charlotte15
Wait so your saying that women shouldn't be given equal pay even if they were doing the same job as the male ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He never said that, you did.
He never said that, you did.

No. He did because he said that we have to realise how women and men are different and how their abilities are also. And he certainly is implying that in what he's saying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending