The Student Room Group
A very simple tip is to leave a gap whenever you answer someone. It gives you a chance to actually think about what you want to say, puts you in control of the pace of conversation, and stops you blurting out inanities.
I'm not overly confident. I'm just a general worrier. It is good to be a bit nervous as otherwise you can come accross arrogant. What I do is just to try and go with the flow, tell yourself there is no point in worrying when you can't control what is going to happen most of the time. The tip above is a good idea, also a few deep breaths when you feel shakey can do wonders. Good luck!
Reply 3
Ask yourself: Is the person you're talking to better than you? Why should I act in the way I do, when I know I'm right and that I'm better?

This might sound arrogant, but it will help you come out of your lack of confidence!

Good luck!:smile:
and if all that doesn't work, pretend you're somebody else. i used to have a speech impediment, adn was really unconfident, i did that and now im fine, i just have a typing impediment, lol! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Just remember, if you got the job, they want you, you're wanted.
Have faith in yourself :biggrin:
Reply 6
Anonymous
hey guys i'm not a very confident person, so i am looking for tips. im starting a new job soon, and i blush a lot. ive had jobs before and they didnt build my confidence. i just wish i could be confident. not overly confident, just not nervous... i wish i could be a person who never has to think about confidence

i blush a lot too. accepting the fact that you're a blusher helps. don't think 'OH MY GOD. I'M BLUSHING!!!' instead, accept it. don't try and fight it. this makes it die down quicker.

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB TOO!!!
Reply 7
congrats on the job -

heres my secret - I pretend to be - the more you pretend the more it works, until you're fully confortable with yourself. then you're confident. Its not something you can magic up.

Good luck

Wangers
Reply 8
I'm quite a shy person when I meet new people, but I warm to them quickly and then talk a lot more. Just tell yourself your not nervous and you won't be, you have to convince yourself your not, before it works.
Reply 9
im confident talking to new people if my friends are around, other wise i would find it hard if i was by myself.

Latest

Trending

Trending