The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Give yourself a black eye, he wont notice the cold sore. :smile:
Reply 2
There is nothing you can do to get rid of it quickly, due to the fact that it is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus. In fact if the lesions have already appeared then no product is effective. The only real treatments are prior to getting the cold sore, ie. applying Aciclovir products during the 'tingling' phase of the sore.

Only thing you can do is try and cover it up as best you can...
Reply 3
It's not too bad at the moment, just slightly red. It started to tingle yesterday when I first noticed it.
Reply 4
Then apply something asap; aciclovir is the drug you want, Zovirax contains it, however there should be a cheap alternative, that is non branded and contains exactly the same active ingredient.

So in other words, go to your chemist asap.

Ideally, in future when you get that tingly feeling, that is when you start to apply the product. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Reply 5
Yeah, go ASAP. We have something called: Hima Pasta in Switzerland. It's highly effective, and if you can get your hands on it, do so! :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks, I got some "soothelip" which has aciclovir cream. Tastes like Bonjela, actually. Was a bit of a stinger at £4.49 but when you've got a hot date looming you just can't afford to compromise...

Latest

Trending

Trending