The Student Room Group

Is Further Maths hard?

I am in year 11 and applying for college.
I achieved 2 A* in RS in YR9 and A* in Maths in YR10 but im a worried that the stress and demand of the subject may make this course really challenging. I am a VERY hard worker but i have heard that even for hard workers an A-level in JUST Maths is hard to get a good grade with so imagine Further maths
HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!1111
No.
Depends, can sometimes challenge, in other areas it's straightforward remembering methods.
Reply 3
Original post by mrmahadsaid
I am in year 11 and applying for college.
I achieved 2 A* in RS in YR9 and A* in Maths in YR10 but im a worried that the stress and demand of the subject may make this course really challenging. I am a VERY hard worker but i have heard that even for hard workers an A-level in JUST Maths is hard to get a good grade with so imagine Further maths
HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!1111

I teach maths and I think it is hard for most of the people I have come across.
Original post by TeeEm
I teach maths and I think it is hard for most of the people I have come across.

You must be my maths teacher then..
Reply 5
Original post by Bobjim12
You must be my maths teacher then..

:smile:
It's not hard. You'll adjust to the workload and the skill level of the maths.
Why not just look at some of the material and see if it is too hard?
Edexcel Board Maths Video Tutorials and Past Paper Solutions : ExamSolutions
btw lots of ppl in my FM class are bad at it so maybe try and get good at it?
Do it if you are interested in maths...
(edited 9 years ago)
It isn't really hard, it is just different, alot of stuff is completely new. But it does help alot with your normal maths, c1234 and the like.
Just be sure that you like maths. It could end up with maths taking 50% of your time
Reply 8
If you can do well in normal maths a level, you can do well in further maths. Its not much harder if you've got those skills. On the other hand if you cant cope with single maths (it happens a lot) then FM will be a massive waste

Quick Reply

Latest