The Student Room Group

What age did you start drinking and what did you drink?

I'm 14 and drink occasionally, but on New Year's Eve me and my friends are planning on getting hammered. What age did you first get drunk? We will probably have wine, beer and whatever we have in the house. What would you recommend to get drunk easily?

Oh and we know it's illegal because we are underage but there will only be about 4 of us and my parents will be too drunk to realise.

Scroll to see replies

You're 14 and you're planning on getting 'hammered'?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1419725865.708123.jpg
I think 14 is about the normal age to get hammered for the first time. I was a bit older when I first got drunk, like 16 I think, but I'd had alcohol in little quantities for years before that.
Yeah whatever man, lightweeeights!

Posted from TSR Mobile
first time i got drunk was this year at 16.(i think im late idk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Probably about 13/14 getting drunk.

By 16 we were regularly having house partys and getting pretty wasted.

Back then it was all WKD and Smirnoff Ice
Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Matildascarlett

Oh and we know it's illegal because we are underage but there will only be about 4 of us and my parents will be too drunk to realise.

It's not illegal.
14? Ooh, watch out we got a badass over here
Original post by abbiemac
14? Ooh, watch out we got a badass over here

Be careful, wild badasses often strike when you are least expecting it, I'm bear grylls, and this, is man vs wild.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
It's not illegal.

Umm I'm pretty sure you have to be either 18 or 16
Original post by Yeah dude
Be careful, wild badasses often strike when you are least expecting it, I'm bear grylls, and this, is man vs wild.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, do you like drinking your own urine or is it just a publicity stunt? I mean yeah it's for the survival and all that, but what's wrong with finding some good ole water instead?
Just don't drink too fast. You don't want to be the loser passed out before 12 midnight because you misjudged how much you can handle.

There's a lag time between your last drink and how drunk you get from that drink. Please heed this in order to avoid being sick,because trust me, the party will be over for you once you get to that stage.
Original post by Reue
Probably about 13/14 getting drunk.

By 16 we were regularly having house partys and getting pretty wasted.

Back then it was all WKD and Smirnoff Ice

These days I find it pretty hard to feel anything at all off a few bottles of Smirnoff ice.
I turned 18 at the beginning of December and I've still never been drunk. I mean, I do drink occasionally (my parents bought me a bottle of Carribean Twist for my birthday - which I finished off today - because I like it) but I've never been hammered before. I just don't see the appeal of it.. Are you only able to have a good time vomiting everywhere, without steady vision, and without the ability to speak clearly?
Starting drinking when I was 14/15 but that was really weak stuff, got drunk at about 17 I think, got hammered at 18 (this comes more from being a control freak than anything; doing stuff without thinking scares me :/).
Had my first drink at 11, my father gave me a pour of Tia Maria. Tasted vile until I poured it on my vanilla ice cream.

The first time I got tipsy was at 12/13 at a family wedding. We (cousins and I) were sneaking champagne from the bar. By the end of the night we were thoroughly tipsy.

First time I got ridiculously, room-spinning, king-of-the-world hammered was at 19 in university. I still don't remember everything that happened that night.

Never set out with the intent to get hammered though, it just happened.

Some side effects of one too many very drunk nights:
- The smell of Fireball or Bacardi rum means instant nausea
- planning for the morning after (choosing brunch spots, making sure I have water + multivitamins)
- Leave important things like credit cards, ID cards, any expensive things at home.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by abbiemac
Hahaha :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, do you like drinking your own urine or is it just a publicity stunt? I mean yeah it's for the survival and all that, but what's wrong with finding some good ole water instead?

I did a q and a on this a few months back, it went kinda wrong because the questions and answers were sent via bottle across the ocean but still.
anyways yeah, it has a nice sour taste to it which I like, if you look at the urine it looks like apple juice or whatever, so you gotta put yourself if the mental state that you're downing apple juice, I'm bear grylls, and this is man vs urine in a skinned snake
I had my first drink pretty young at about 12? Although we didn't get drunk or anything. Think the first time I got drunk was at 15. Why do you want to get hammered? I mean, I like having a drink but that's because I enjoy having a drink. I don't need to drink to have a good time though, which is what I think you want. Getting drunk and waking up with a massive hangover is not all it's cracked up to be...
Starting drinking milk shortly after I slid out of my mother.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending