The Student Room Group

Hair thinning hairline receding?

my hair is thinning dramatically at the front. I shaved it and its grown back and even though the front has grown back its still thinner than the rest of my hair if that makes sense.. I dont know why this is happening my dad isnt bald.. and I'm a black male in my 20s..

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can slow the hair thinning. I would probably look at that now in order to preserve what's left for the future.
Are then men on your mother's side bald? It doesn't always follow the paternal line.
Original post by Eveiebaby
You can slow the hair thinning. I would probably look at that now in order to preserve what's left for the future.
Are then men on your mother's side bald? It doesn't always follow the paternal line.

Do black men even go bald? my dad is slowly balding but hes in his 60s.. I think I have two bald uncles but generally no. Im worried it could be a medical condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vito Scaletta
Do black men even go bald? my dad is slowly balding but hes in his 60s.. I think I have two bald uncles but generally no. Im worried it could be a medical condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course they go bald. Black people aren't another species of human. All raced men can and do go bald.
You have 2 bald uncles...it's likely hereditary. Go and see the doctor in any case and they may be able to give you something that slows your hair loss so that 10-15 years down the line, you won't have lost as much hair as if you just do nothing. Please go sooner rather than later.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending