The Student Room Group

Acne getting worse

Scroll to see replies

Ive used stuff with benzoyl peroxide included before and it's made no great difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieSmall
Yeah, waiting it out doesn't really help though when you can't face leaving the house. I had a full on break down when I looked in the mirror before, I'm still crying now. I feel so pathetic getting so upset over something most people would consider stupid but I just can't stand to look at myself or have anyone else look at me.

You're not an expert on everything, you don't have to comment on every single thread
Try going to your GP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anonwinner
You're not an expert on everything, you don't have to comment on every single thread

Feel free to block me.
I went on roaccutane three years ago. It worked a dream! All my acne cleared up and apart rfrom an odd sport my skin is flawless.
HOWEVER.... ever since I have had chronic back aches and it is unbearable. There is not a point where I cant feel it and theres nothing that can be done about it.
Absolutely furious! I was told it would go away post-treatment and there are many reviews online of similar cases...
https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/nursing/accutane-back-joint-pain-344255.html

Think carefully! I'm only 19 and fear what it'll be like by the time I am 40-50.
Reply 85
I have some spare PanOxyl 10 if anyone is interested.
Hiya,

I literally had the exact same problem as you and was taking the same medication. Mine got worse too and in the end I went off the medication went to a dermatologist and got put on something else.

If you haven't seen a dermatologist yet I 100% would just so that things do get worse you know? Also maybe cut down exfoliation as doing it too much can actually make your acne worse!

I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm having the same reaction to lymecycline, it's causing a load of whiteheads and really inflamed red marks too. Cold compresses and green tea mixed with honey masks help calm the redness but all you can do is finish your course of antibiotics and talk to your doctor and be referred onto a dermatologist if things don't improve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending