The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Joyful_soul
My face is getting chubby and I HATE IT.

What can I do to lose fat from my face? Are there any procedures?

You can't spot reduce fat but you can have a facelift/ liposuction.
A cutting diet and lifting, but unless you're significantly overweight/over 20% body fat this is probably body dysmorphia/modern youth insecurity about aesthetics due to media influence
Lose fat from your entire body. Reduce the amount of calories you're consuming. Exercise a little more if you want, although this isn't really necessary. Get adequate sleep. Drink enough water to make your urine turn a light yellow colour, or even clear. Have a lot of fiber. Prepare for a plateau. Whatever you do, don't go near a fad diet. Buy a scale. Set a goal for yourself. A 1-2lb loss per week is what's generally recommended, so base your goal on that.

Unless you do some sort of surgery you can't lose fat ONLY on your face. You have to lose body fat to lose face fat.

Stolen from a post I just made in a similar thread:

:borat:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joyful_soul
My face is getting chubby and I HATE IT.

What can I do to lose fat from my face? Are there any procedures?

Exercise more, and clean up your diet. There's nothing complicated when it comes to fat loss. Dont isolate any parts of your body- total body exercises are key.
Original post by Vixen47
Lose fat from your entire body. Reduce the amount of calories you're consuming. Exercise a little more if you want, although this isn't really necessary. Get adequate sleep. Drink enough water to make your urine turn a light yellow colour, or even clear. Have a lot of fiber. Prepare for a plateau. Whatever you do, don't go near a fad diet. Buy a scale. Set a goal for yourself. A 1-2lb loss per week is what's generally recommended, so base your goal on that.

Unless you do some sort of surgery you can't lose fat ONLY on your face. You have to lose body fat to lose face fat.

This! But it won't let me +1 for some reason. "Rate other members before this rating this one" or something to that effect...
Reply 6
As others have said, you cannot spot reduce fat (burn fat on a specific part of the body alone), but you can lose fat across your entire body, including your face, by improving your diet and cutting your calorie intake to ~500 calories below maintenance.

If you are not overweight, but you are noticing that your face is looking chubby regardless, you should drink more water. Water retention underneath the jaw and in the cheeks can give you a bloated appearance. Drink at least two litres of water a day for a week, and see if there is an improvement. If not, try the dieting.
lose overall bodyfat with caloric deficit, you can't spot reduce fat, excess carbs and sodium can also cause excess water retention
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
A cutting diet and lifting, but unless you're significantly overweight/over 20% body fat this is probably body dysmorphia/modern youth insecurity about aesthetics due to media influence

dat dere body dysmorphia due to 'facial aesthetics' internet phenomena

dis u riku
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Greg Jackson
dat dere body dysmorphia due to 'facial aesthetics' internet phenomena

dis u riku

who cares who this is?

Outside of BB.com I really do not see people saying 'LOL@beta moonface phag right dere'

Facial aesthetics is another word for good-looking lean face v fat-face. Girls get away with baby-faces hence other thread, baby faced men are ****ed until c. 25 y/o as women approach the Wall and start to want to settle with a BP

I bet you he's 17% and looks fine, not model-looking but average cute guy, could 'tone up' a bit and is just getting disillusioned by a lot of shallow people his age

This is all a product of a selfie generation who think that if you don't have a prominent jawline or DDs you're FA

Also, Flash out of date smh
(edited 9 years ago)
OP how chubby is chubby? Do you have a spare tire or flat stomach?
Reply 12
Hey, instead of reducing fat from your face I think you can use makeup to make you're face look slimmer. Do this by contouring, you can get contour kits from Boots or Superdrug for example Sleek has a contour kit. Look on Youtube to know how to do this.

...saying this i'm assuming you're female
Reply 13
Original post by Tj789
Hey, instead of reducing fat from your face I think you can use makeup to make you're face look slimmer. Do this by contouring, you can get contour kits from Boots or Superdrug for example Sleek has a contour kit. Look on Youtube to know how to do this.

...saying this i'm assuming you're female

I assume OP is male, I'm sure I'm more right unless I'm wrong
Reply 14
Original post by xxm
I assume OP is male, I'm sure I'm more right unless I'm wrong

Well whatever same applies really if they are male and they feel really insecure they can still resort to makeup if they want. This is a cause for a different topic but just women wearing makeup I'd say is a social construction
lol you can't spot remove fat.
Buccal far removalFacial liposuction
(edited 9 years ago)
cant spot cut fat!!

salt and carbs do make you retain water in your face tho so cut down on those bad boys
By losing weight all around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest