The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Such a shame Finn Balor has relinquished the WWE Universal Championship through injury. There will be a Fatal 4-Way next week to decide the new champion, and the obvious fit is Seth Rollins, who defeated Sami Zayn in a brilliant bout last night on RAW to confirm his place.

What do you think the title match for Clash of the Champions will be? Thinking Roman vs Seth (unfortunately) as it doesn't feel like there's any top babyfaces left on RAW unless you count Lesnar or call up one of the NXT guys (Samoa Joe PLEASE!)
Reply 5241
Original post by adso222
What do you think the title match for Clash of the Champions will be? Thinking Roman vs Seth (unfortunately) as it doesn't feel like there's any top babyfaces left on RAW unless you count Lesnar or call up one of the NXT guys (Samoa Joe PLEASE!)

Definitely Roman vs Seth - but I don't feel the Reigns/Rusev angle got a decent ending. I'd like to see that continue.

I have a feeling Vince is building Reigns to be the monster who can destroy Brock. That's what the Rusev match at Summerslam pointed to, anyway.
I think Brock Lensar is still pissed off about his loss in UFC.He is also pissed off with the people that talk trash about him outside of WWE including Conor Mcregor, Goldberg, etc. So he probably ended up taking out his anger on Randy Orton to make his point and send them a message.
Original post by Aky786UK
Jericho likes a backstage scrap it seems after his clash with Goldberg many years ago..

A completely made up story. Jericho has worked for decades and in Japan, Mexico, Europe I think. He's not a mark.

Lesnar is careful. It's clear that before every match he works out with his 'opponent' whether they're going to do 'stiff' shots and whether they'll bleed etc. Funnily enough you'd expect Ambrose's match to be a stiff bloodbath but evidently he wasn't down with that, so Lesnar was extra supportive in his suplexes and F5s and Ambrose not stiff with his weapon shots.

People are only seeing the handful of times he's done a 'stiff' match against guys who think they have huge balls (Roman, Cena). They don't remember him safely attacking Slater or Bo Dallas, or throwing slow soft 'punches' on Taker, guys who were trained or raised in the belief that you're supposed to protect the other guy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5244
A really good episode of SmackDown. I'm a fan of the blue brand having its own Women's Championship, because it validates the talent on the roster. That said, I feel having the word 'SmackDown' in the title, and the new Tag-Team title, devalues it.

American Alpha and Breezango put on the match of the night, Heath Slater is clearly going to partner with Curt Hawkins when he debuts, AJ Styles is absolutely the right decision on where to go with Dean Ambrose (but where does that leave Dolph Ziggler?), and Bray Wyatt is on course for a match with Randy Orton as expected.
[video="youtube;Bc6EIcrKBoU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6EIcrKBoU[/video]

So Goldberg confirmed for WM? A return would make sense tbh, especially after how much cleaner the show is compared to his era.
Reply 5246
Original post by AR_95
[video="youtube;Bc6EIcrKBoU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6EIcrKBoU[/video]

So Goldberg confirmed for WM? A return would make sense tbh, especially after how much cleaner the show is compared to his era.

Who's next? YOU"RE NEXT
Caught 10 minutes of Raw just now and saw that the Dudleyz are retiring(?). How can one of the most iconic tag teams of all time go out like that, with some nobodies putting Devon through a table.

Made me watch the 2000 Dudleyz v Hardeyz v Edge & Christian, TLC at Summerslam. How the **** is Jeff Hardy still alive?
Original post by The Wavefunction
Caught 10 minutes of Raw just now and saw that the Dudleyz are retiring(?). How can one of the most iconic tag teams of all time go out like that, with some nobodies putting Devon through a table.

Made me watch the 2000 Dudleyz v Hardeyz v Edge & Christian, TLC at Summerslam. How the **** is Jeff Hardy still alive?

Dudleys and WWE couldn't agree on a new contract so parted amicably.
Original post by Mackay
A really good episode of SmackDown. I'm a fan of the blue brand having its own Women's Championship, because it validates the talent on the roster. That said, I feel having the word 'SmackDown' in the title, and the new Tag-Team title, devalues it.

American Alpha and Breezango put on the match of the night, Heath Slater is clearly going to partner with Curt Hawkins when he debuts, AJ Styles is absolutely the right decision on where to go with Dean Ambrose (but where does that leave Dolph Ziggler?), and Bray Wyatt is on course for a match with Randy Orton as expected.

Smackdown killed it this week, really good stuff. I don't like 'Smackdown' in the title - why could they not have brought back a retired belt?

AA vs Breezango was good but my match of the night was Styles/Ziggler, could have easily been a pay per view match and had a great story behind it.

I wonder where Ziggler goes from here? Honestly, Erik Rowan is the only fresh opponent I can see for him if he's going to be face

Of course segment of the night came on Talking Smack where The Miz absolutely obliterated Daniel Bryan:

[video="youtube;8d4SLA4HYp0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0[/video]
Reply 5250
That segment between the Miz and Bryan just underlines how underrated the former is. He's in the form of his life right now - both in terms of character, and in the ring, where he has evolved to a steady worker and a solid midcard talent.

The Miz is something increasingly rare in WWE: a genuine heel. When you get the likes of Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens being cheered, because it's deemed 'cool' to be a fan of them, it's refreshing when fans boo the Miz.

He's remarkable in terms of work-rate. He's always representing the company at events and meeting fans, like a Cena-lite. A credit to the WWE - no matter what they give him to work with (remember the Mizdow gimmick).
Original post by Mackay
That segment between the Miz and Bryan just underlines how underrated the former is. He's in the form of his life right now - both in terms of character, and in the ring, where he has evolved to a steady worker and a solid midcard talent.

The Miz is something increasingly rare in WWE: a genuine heel. When you get the likes of Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens being cheered, because it's deemed 'cool' to be a fan of them, it's refreshing when fans boo the Miz.

He's remarkable in terms of work-rate. He's always representing the company at events and meeting fans, like a Cena-lite. A credit to the WWE - no matter what they give him to work with (remember the Mizdow gimmick).

Agreed 100% but my oh my has he fallen in recent years (not ability just place on the card). Promo-wise he's incredible, I'll never forget his promo before his WM main event talking about Rock and Cena saying he's not the afterthought. This week's was just another unbelievable promo
Reply 5252
There's plenty of questions to be raised by the main event scene on SmackDown, though. The Miz is killing it, the tag division is revitalised, but Dean Ambrose is growing stale and his run with the belt has been largely underwhelming. Pairing him with Dolph Ziggler, who nobody could take as a serious threat, did the show no favours.

AJ needs to win the belt and breathe life into the show - and fast.
ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME!!! RAW main event was easily the best 4 way match I have ever seen in WWE.

Spoiler

. this was easily the best 4 way match I have ever seen in WWE and is worth watching.

steph and mick looked shocked/confused at the end of the match but the show ended with the crowd chanting you deserve it at KO)

also tonight, sasha didnt make an in-ring return but it seem that

Spoiler

the club had a good vignette about a retirement programme they started

Spoiler

dana seriously needs to be dropped back to nxt. nia jax may actually be a better enforcer (she was eva marie's enforcer in NXT and that was a surprisingly decent move, also has potential for jax to turn on charlotte). speaking of jax, she won another squash match, as did braun strowman

neville vs jericho was boring

Spoiler

zayn vs jinder mahal had the obvious result but wasnt that great (mahal isnt exactly a good worker and it ended quickly)

cesaro had a wasted segment which was mainly about him swinging sheamus around (and around and around and around) and the match

Spoiler

Reply 5254
The main event was great - and it was always going to be. Big Cass looked brilliant, and is surely set for a run as a singles competitor at some stage. And, if that does happen, it'd be great to have Enzo manage him.

The Fatal 4-Way was full of great spots, and for once, the climax shocked us all. I was certain Rollins was going to emerge victorious, but this ending is a clever way to keep Reigns inserted into the Rusev/US title picture and freshen up the main event scene.

Kevin Owens will be a fantastic champion, and I'd love to see Finn Balor return and compete with Owens for the Universal Championship. They've come a long way since NXT. As for the short-term, could we see Owens take on Sami Zayn - or even Chris Jericho? It was fun seeing Zayn wrestle through injury - even if it was only against Jinder
Mahal on Monday night.

As for Rollins, he's clearly headed for a feud with Triple H. I imagine we'll get a big clash between the pair at Survivor Series. With Balor's injury, this is smart. RAW needs legitimate top babyfaces with Reigns struggling to connect (like always).

Aside from the main event and swerve ending, WWE did well to showcase Bayley and have her pick up the win for the New Day against the Club and Dana Brooke. The Club aren't a force to be reckoned with, which is a shame, because WWE's booking has them dominating The Dudley Boyz one week and losing cheaply the next.

Neville and Jericho had a fun bout, but the former is lacking direction. He needs the Cruiserweight Championship once it's introduced, in my opinion.

Likewise, Titus O'Neil and Darren Young continued the feud nobody cares about, and WWE continued their build for a Shane O'Mac vs Brock Lesnar feud with Paul Heyman/Stephanie McMahon's promo.

Braun Strowman/Nia Jax continue to run over local competitors in squash matches, but at this stage, they need to either a) move to midcarders or b) get some character development. *

Cesaro and Sheamus' best of seven series, in which Sheamus has gone 2-0 up, is clearly being constructed to elevate the former and have him spring a come back from 3-0 down.
(edited 7 years ago)
there is another name who could be in the frame: brock lesnar. there has been talk for a while of a feud between the 2 and the title would fit in nicely. zayn vs owens I could see in the future(give owens a few defences then zayn winning royal rumble for zayn vs owens at mania)
Reply 5256
Original post by quasa
there is another name who could be in the frame: brock lesnar. there has been talk for a while of a feud between the 2 and the title would fit in nicely. zayn vs owens I could see in the future(give owens a few defences then zayn winning royal rumble for zayn vs owens at mania)

Lesnar's reportedly wrestling Orton at a live event next month, meaning his next RAW appearance could be sooner rather than later. I had a feeling they'd hold him back for the Royal Rumble, but you may be right.
That reddit user was right. Shane returned, Owens push happened around SummerSlam, Reigns is still a face, women's division getting a bigger push, and Seth Rollins is going to cause the downfall of the Authority.
am i the only one who thinks wwe episodes needs a dbz-like narrator for the ending of episode (summarises plot, hints at potential outcomes, tune in next time for DBZ, i mean WWE all whilst playing the bruce faulconer soundtrack)
Reply 5259
Rumour has it WWE has no plans to incorporate del Rio back into the roster once he serves his suspension. I wonder if this could see the end of Paige with WWE, too. A huge waste if so.

Quick Reply

Latest