The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
I don't know what you're trying to say. I said final two.

sometimes it is annoying when rules are bent and broken for the purposes of entertainment but thats show business!
Reply 41
Original post by heavyhandscott
It was badly done, like really bad. When he said it the crowd barely reacted.

Id expect them to go ape sh1t if it was Cena the good guy doing something nobody wants

It was the night of the good promo (Cesaro, Ryback) and the bad promo (the end was so lengthy).
Original post by Mackay
It was the night of the good promo (Cesaro, Ryback) and the bad promo (the end was so lengthy).

They were good promos but i was like what the hell wheres this going at the time. Maybe the "what" chants at Ryback didnt help lol
Reply 43
They were good promos but i was like what the hell wheres this going at the time. Maybe the "what" chants at Ryback didnt help lol

Was good to see him chart his evolution from Tough Enough to now, though. Didn't know he could read, either.
I like Austin but dislike him for starting the "what chants." It gets really annoying
Original post by K1NG93
I like Austin but dislike him for starting the "what chants." It gets really annoying

It separates the good promoers from the bad. No one WHAT's Rock or good-guy Punk. Not even D-Von when he made that awesome promo in TNA feuding with Bubba. If people are whatting you, stop pausing.
It separates the good promoers from the bad. No one WHAT's Rock or good-guy Punk. Not even D-Von when he made that awesome promo in TNA feuding with Bubba. If people are whatting you, stop pausing.

People were whatting Ryback who is a babyface
Original post by K1NG93
People were whatting Ryback who is a babyface

Yes...?
Reply 48
Titus O'Neil got a promo on Main Event, too. Week of the promos.
Reply 49
Which NXT star would you most want to see in the Rumble?
Original post by Mackay
Which NXT star would you most want to see in the Rumble?

I dont watch NXT... Though I just love Adrian Neville, dont care about his strengths and weaknesses, just feel so happy for him and proud of him because hes from my city, Newcastle :smile: ahhhh about time a geordie made it there:colondollar:
Reply 51
I dont watch NXT... Though I just love Adrian Neville, dont care about his strengths and weaknesses, just feel so happy for him and proud of him because hes from my city, Newcastle :smile: ahhhh about time a geordie made it there:colondollar:

He and Sami Zayn are definitely the standouts.

You'd say that Neville is in with a shout of being in the rumble and the main roster soon. Past NXT champions were promoted within months of dropping the belt (Big E, Bo Dallas, Paige etc.) so it won't be too long.
Original post by Mackay
He and Sami Zayn are definitely the standouts.

You'd say that Neville is in with a shout of being in the rumble and the main roster soon. Past NXT champions were promoted within months of dropping the belt (Big E, Bo Dallas, Paige etc.) so it won't be too long.

Ive heard good things about him definitely and even seen clips of him, a high flying style, not what Id expect from my area!

Every time I go to watch superstars' WWE debut its always "OMG thats blah blah from NXT". I like to see how people got into the business. I also like awesome returns.

Talking of returns, what is your favourite? Mine is Jericho 2009. Still gives me goosebumps
Reply 53
Ive heard good things about him definitely and even seen clips of him, a high flying style, not what Id expect from my area!

Every time I go to watch superstars' WWE debut its always "OMG thats blah blah from NXT". I like to see how people got into the business. I also like awesome returns.

Talking of returns, what is your favourite? Mine is Jericho 2009. Still gives me goosebumps

The Rock in 2011! Biggest pop in WWE history. Doubt it'll be topped.

From a personal POV, Lesnar is up there. Grew up watching him and it was pretty badass to see Cena put in his place.
Reply 54
Lesnars return in 2012 was pretty epic too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lesnar's return in 2012 is definitively the biggest pop I can remember. Austin returning to save the WWE though :coma:

Best return ever is obviously Christian though... '...It's .... .... Christian!' ... goosebumps.
My favourite return. It still gives me goosebumps all these years later. It was a historic moment.

[video="youtube;yVQR9Cs6If8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQR9Cs6If8[/video]

I wish Undertaker makes a one night return as the American Badass to confront Rusev similar to what the Rock did recently.
Scott Steiner (he was in WWF in the 90s so it's a return): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7st4b_debuts-scott-steiner-wwe-debut-2002_sport

Didn't think the crowd would pop, but they went completely nuts all the way through. Scott Steiner is just that awesome.

Also Austin at Backlash 2000 returning after getting run over to kill all the McMahons and DX. Next PPV, Taker did the same next PPV though the ending messed up (as always with these timed ones) and the booking was all wrong.

And, so bad it's good:

AND THE CROWD GO MILD! HE'S GETTING A SITTING OVATION!
Original post by Mackay
The Rock in 2011! Biggest pop in WWE history. Doubt it'll be topped.

From a personal POV, Lesnar is up there. Grew up watching him and it was pretty badass to see Cena put in his place.

Original post by AR_95
Lesnars return in 2012 was pretty epic too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lesnar's return in 2012 is definitively the biggest pop I can remember. Austin returning to save the WWE though :coma:

Best return ever is obviously Christian though... '...It's .... .... Christian!' ... goosebumps.

Original post by K1NG93
My favourite return. It still gives me goosebumps all these years later. It was a historic moment.

[video="youtube;yVQR9Cs6If8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQR9Cs6If8[/video]

I wish Undertaker makes a one night return as the American Badass to confront Rusev similar to what the Rock did recently.

Scott Steiner (he was in WWF in the 90s so it's a return): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7st4b_debuts-scott-steiner-wwe-debut-2002_sport

Didn't think the crowd would pop, but they went completely nuts all the way through. Scott Steiner is just that awesome.

Also Austin at Backlash 2000 returning after getting run over to kill all the McMahons and DX. Next PPV, Taker did the same next PPV though the ending messed up (as always with these timed ones) and the booking was all wrong.

And, so bad it's good:

AND THE CROWD GO MILD! HE'S GETTING A SITTING OVATION!

Will check these out :smile:
Original post by K1NG93

I always thought Undertaker should have been the American Badass for another stunt or for longer. Its the second best Undertaker since the Late 90s attitude era/ministry of darkness undertaker

Quick Reply