The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

....new thread after the old one closed.

Discuss anything WWE in here, from RAW/Smackdown to NXT (which is much better) and PPVs.

Hopefully by the time the next thread comes around the UK will have the Network...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
IN
Took over eight years to complete the first thread but considering how dire the WWE seems to be, might take doubletime for this thread to reach 10k.

On the other hand, booking might be that ridiculous and the outrage it would cause, could reach 10k quicker!

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Aky786UK
Took over eight years to complete the first thread but considering how dire the WWE seems to be, might take doubletime for this thread to reach 10k.

On the other hand, booking might be that ridiculous and the outrage it would cause, could reach 10k quicker!

Looking forward to seeing the IWC explode when Reigns beats Lesnar at WM31 tbh.

RIP to the original. Twas a historic thread.
Original post by Mackay
Looking forward to seeing the IWC explode when Reigns beats Lesnar at WM31 tbh.

Only for Rollins to cash in his money in the bank. Now that would be awesome.
Reply 6
Original post by K1NG93
Only for Rollins to cash in his money in the bank. Now that would be awesome.

Would buzz off that.

Reigns winning the Rumble is so certain, though. Reckon it's ever been so obvious before? There are quite literally no other candidates bar Ziggler.
Original post by Mackay
Would buzz off that.

Reigns winning the Rumble is so certain, though. Reckon it's ever been so obvious before? There are quite literally no other candidates bar Ziggler.

What about Ambrose?
Reply 8
Original post by K1NG93
What about Ambrose?

Doubt he'll be in the main event at Mania personally.
Original post by Mackay
Doubt he'll be in the main event at Mania personally.

He won't be but he is better than Reigns in every way.
Reply 10
Original post by K1NG93
He won't be but he is better than Reigns in every way.

Definitely.

Reigns will face a heck of a backlash from fans I think. He's pretty much being forced down our throats as the next top guy, even though the fans want one to grow organically like Ziggler or Ambrose, or even Bryan last year.

Hope for a Reigns vs Lesnar match at Mania, followed by Rollins cashing in and winning the belt. Hopefully then we can see a three-way feud between all three members of The Shield, leaving Cena to blood youngsters coming through by feuding with them instead.
Punk in 2011: "For a while [in WWE], the big thing was that people who wear suits get ahead. I'm not a suit and tie kind of guy. I wear a suit once a year, for the Hall of Fame, or if I have to go to a funeral or something. It's just not me... The last thing I'm worried about is wearing nice, uncomfortable shoes. I've never worn a dress shirt that's been comfortable. I've always just worn dress shoes. On more than one occasion, I've heard that a champion should dress like a champion. But I'm a champion because of who I am. Who I am is not that guy. If everybody wears three-piece suits, everyone looks the same. When you hear "C.M. Punk," what do you think of? I'm covered in tattoos. For a while there, I had a crazy hobo beard. And you want me to shatter that illusion I'm projecting by wearing an Armani suit? Not only am I not that guy; that doesn't make sense business-wise for me."

Even at a radio interview:

Welp...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ozzyoscy
Punk in 2011: "For a while [in WWE], the big thing was that people who wear suits get ahead. I'm not a suit and tie kind of guy. I wear a suit once a year, for the Hall of Fame, or if I have to go to a funeral or something. It's just not me... The last thing I'm worried about is wearing nice, uncomfortable shoes. I've never worn a dress shirt that's been comfortable. I've always just worn dress shoes. On more than one occasion, I've heard that a champion should dress like a champion. But I'm a champion because of who I am. Who I am is not that guy. If everybody wears three-piece suits, everyone looks the same. When you hear "C.M. Punk," what do you think of? I'm covered in tattoos. For a while there, I had a crazy hobo beard. And you want me to shatter that illusion I'm projecting by wearing an Armani suit? Not only am I not that guy; that doesn't make sense business-wise for me."

Even at a radio interview:

Welp...

Hahaha.
Reply 13
Your dream feuds for 2015?

- The Miz vs. Damien Mizdow
- Cody Rhodes (NOT Stardust) vs. Goldust
- Sami Zayn vs. Bray Wyatt
- Rusev vs. John Cena
- Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose
Reply 14
Bryan's back!

...and he's just basically turned Reigns heel. Best RAW of the year, bar the ending. Laughable.
Whilst I'm happy that the Game is back, it was done in a very stupid way. Rollins attacking Edge and Christian. Really that's the best way WWE could think of. :confused:

I'm happy that Bryan is back tbh. He should get his well deserved title shot soon. Also nice to have BNB back.

Apparently some major angle that will kick off the Wrestlemania 31 season will happen on next weeks RAW. It's probably gonna be a return of Sting or the Undertaker I feel.

One negative about the show. The boring USOs are tag champions again. :mad:
Man am I glad about Daniel Bryan not giving us any horrible news last night.

Ime really excited for the Rumble, because now we have the big talk of Reigns winning but then again Daniel Bryan has a high possibility of returning then.

Since it is getting close to WM31, Rollins has to cash in very soon because there will be a new winner, so my prediction is he cashes in at RR after Cena wins and then Reigns wins the Elimination chamber so that could lead to a match involving any of the mentioned 4...

Maybe even a fatal 4 way :redface:

I still cant get over how happy i am to hear DANIAL BRYAN isnt retiring!!
Original post by K1NG93
Whilst I'm happy that the Game is back, it was done in a very stupid way. Rollins attacking Edge and Christian. Really that's the best way WWE could think of. :confused:

I'm happy that Bryan is back tbh. He should get his well deserved title shot soon. Also nice to have BNB back.

Apparently some major angle that will kick off the Wrestlemania 31 season will happen on next weeks RAW. It's probably gonna be a return of Sting or the Undertaker I feel.

One negative about the show. The boring USOs are tag champions again. :mad:

I agree with most of this except the Usos. I prefer them to Miz because hes annoying (mizdow is funny to an extent) while the Usos are generally good guys and good wrestlers.

I do however like Gold and Stardust more. Those guys were funny on camera!
Reply 18
Original post by K1NG93

At least Bryan back means WWE have more options for the Rumble. Wouldn't be shocked to see him win it, and it makes sense to announce it this early as it gives the PPV maximum interest/buy rates for the Network.

Would have been ace if he was a surprise entrant, though.

BNB was great but the crowd seemed confused about how to react to him and Cesaro going up against each other. Cesaro's promo was practically a shoot. He and BNB would make such good faces imo. They should do a European Alliance type thing with Paige.

The return of The Authority is so lame. Gutted to see them back this early. When they returned, I wanted it to coincide with a Cena heel turn. But, that'll never happen.
Original post by Mackay
At least Bryan back means WWE have more options for the Rumble. Wouldn't be shocked to see him win it, and it makes sense to announce it this early as it gives the PPV maximum interest/buy rates for the Network.

Would have been ace if he was a surprise entrant, though.

BNB was great but the crowd seemed confused about how to react to him and Cesaro going up against each other. Cesaro's promo was practically a shoot. He and BNB would make such good faces imo. They should do a European Alliance type thing with Paige.

The return of The Authority is so lame. Gutted to see them back this early. When they returned, I wanted it to coincide with a Cena heel turn. But, that'll never happen.

Ive just finished watching raw. Damn im so dissapointed theyre back, i was thinking actually that Cena could turn heel and bring them back but its just not a good decision

If they say next week's raw wll begin or involve something to do with WM31 I'd say Sting will debut on raw since the authority is back.

Quick Reply