The Student Room Group

Fitness: Criticise my physique? 4 months at gym

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I agree with no point picking a weakness out just now. I think even a year of lifting might be too soon to worry about weaknesses. The definition of being a noob is pretty much that everything is your weakness. Just focus on getting bigger and so long as your routine isn't stupid then you're good for now.

ETA: you posted as I did and I changed my mind, your weakness is inability to use kg :tongue:
Original post by BKS
I agree with no point picking a weakness out just now. I think even a year of lifting might be too soon to worry about weaknesses. The definition of being a noob is pretty much that everything is your weakness. Just focus on getting bigger and so long as your routine isn't stupid then you're good for now.

ETA: you posted as I did and I changed my mind, your weakness is inability to use kg :tongue:

Ahahaha, i like lbs:smile::smile::
What are your lifts?
Original post by schindlers list
Not the best in terms of developed 30 year old men

But
1RM
B - 200lbs
S - 220lbs (never do squats)
D - 265lbs
These are 1RM, so this is the highest i can do if i push with all my entire strength

What about you , mate?

been in the gym for 2 months since recovering from broken collar bone so im a bit weak haha

5RM
B - 132lb
S - 200lb (also dont like squatting, hate feeling like youve been squashed down, also have naturally big ass so dont want it to grow lol)
D - 220lb

but yeah, nice lifts, especially the bench, keep doing the squats and deadlifts though, and maybe some pullups and overhead press
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Ahahaha, i like lbs:smile::smile::
What are your lifts?

Bench 107.5kg at 73kg
Squatted 130kg a year ago, but not been training it since
Deadlift is **** due to long term injury

lbs means nothing to me now cause gym weights are all in kg
Original post by a_shabba
been in the gym for 2 months since recovering from broken collar bone so im a bit weak haha

5RM
B - 132lb
S - 200lb (also dont like squatting, hate feeling like youve been squashed down, also have naturally big ass so dont want it to grow lol)
D - 220lb

but yeah, nice lifts, especially the bench, keep doing the squats and deadlifts though, and maybe some pullups and overhead press

Yeah same i have big legs and ass
Thanks
How do you break your collar bone?
And yeah i love overhead press for shoulder
Original post by BKS
Bench 107.5kg at 73kg
Squatted 130kg a year ago, but not been training it since
Deadlift is **** due to long term injury

lbs means nothing to me now cause gym weights are all in kg

Wow strong bench
For how many reps?
Good work :smile: When I see people work hard and put the time in to get the results its great. All the best in your future endeavours as well.
Well done man that's an amazing change in 4months! Keep up the good fight. Well done! :clap2:
Yeah same i have big legs and ass
Thanks
How do you break your collar bone?
And yeah i love overhead press for shoulder

playing rugby last december, unfortunately it didnt heal straight, so now its bent and i havnt tried playing again :frown: ended up spending most of this year getting fat until about mid-october, then dragged myself over to the gym :smile: whats your story?
Reply 29
Wow strong bench
For how many reps?

1rep

I think the fun thing about training for strength is nothing ever seems that strong. Like I was really happy when I first benched 100kg but then I quickly set my sights on 120 and now 107.5 is pretty meh.
Original post by a_shabba
playing rugby last december, unfortunately it didnt heal straight, so now its bent and i havnt tried playing again :frown: ended up spending most of this year getting fat until about mid-october, then dragged myself over to the gym :smile: whats your story?

Well after i finished exams, i decided to go to gym to get a new shape for college at least. Ended up overweight, bulky and what not, 230lbs at 16 with muscle and lots of FAT (that 2nd pic is the day i started college) but thats ridiculous. Basically ate rubbish, for example, id make a protein shake, 3 scoops + 300g of oats + 2 banana + apple + kiwi + honey + whole milk!! Went on a keto diet on Nov 1 (still on it) and now im 195lbs and supringsly ive gotten built muscle on a deficit. People say you cant but that bullsh ite. Did a lot of work to work to lose 40lbs of weight. For people like me who stores fat around their ass and legs, thats where fat loss will come from. I think thatll apply to you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Yeah it makes sense cutting before summer.
How much do you weight now?
And how much do you think youll have to lose when cutting

I weigh 81kg atm, kinda put on a bit of fat due to poor dieting, so prob at 14/15% bf atm, aim is to get to 83/84kg, at 10% before summer.
Reply 32
There's no picture, did you get rid of it?

Quick Reply

Latest