The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ohyeahoh
Hey I'm doing my AS levels and I just don't get this points system, if I were to get AAA at A level and AAA (+A) at AS how many points would this equate to?
If I'm being simplistic then roughly how many points is AAA...
Just wondering...thanks for your help guys!

AS:

A = 60
B = 50
C = 40
D = 30
E = 20

So, if you have what I do - AABb (small "b" is what I got at AS english, and then dropped it), it equals 390 points. I also got a B at A2 general studies, so if I include that I have 490 points :biggrin: But no where counts it, so...

But yeah, that's how it works. As someone said in the first reply, you double the points for A2.
lucho22
p.s. in most case AEAs aren't really offered to students - you have to ask to be entered for them... then the school will decide if you're good enough ie people at my school were never entered into AEAs unless they expressed some sort of desire to do them..

:ditto: A few schools may approach students they feel are good enough and run extra lessons for them, but in most cases, you just ask to be entered, get hold of a past paper or two and sit the exam. You're not supposed to need extra teaching for them anyway- that's the whole point of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending