The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you know for sure this is true, and what is she injecting?
Reply 2
Personally I would talk to her tutor, but first check what her tutors responsibilities are, like if they have to inform the police, then a tutor wouldn't be the first port of call. This girl clearly needs help and I think a tutor would be a good place to start, but only you can really know if you think the tutor would be helpful.
Reply 3
Could she be diabetic/on another form of medication? Just make sure you have your facts straight before telling someone in authority.
Reply 4
sol89
Well her friend told me that she caught her sticking a needle in her arm around the back of the pub, and this friend is trustworthy she isn't a gossip queen if you see what I mean.
Also, she went to the doctors yesterday and she had marks on her arms where she penetrated her skin. She hasn't been at school since Tuesday.

Are you familiar with a disease known as 'diabetes'?
Reply 5
I would have thought taht this girls friend would know if her friend had diabetes or not, though obviously you should check it out.
Reply 6
you need to find out from more than one source (ie someone other than your friend) just to make sure that your friend isn't ****-stirring. because trustworthy or not, when girls get their claws out, they go straight for the kill.
Reply 7
sol89
Okay, a couple days back I found out that this girl who is in Year 9 and is on my bus has started taking drugs, and in the worst possible form - injecting.

I have strong suspicions that she is not very happy and is bullied / teased at school.
As she is so young I doubt that she truly understands the danger she is putting herself under, not just from the drugs themselves but the risk of HIV etc...

Coincidentally, as part of active citizenship, I help out every Friday morning in her tutor group and I am seriously cosidering mentioning this to her tutor but I'm not sure whether I should do or not.
It's kind of hurting me inside to not do something about this when this kid could be in serious danger. Any ideas? :confused:

you are i really nice person and i shall rep you for it :smile:

poor girl. i think you should have a chat with her. you might find her to be very honest abt the drugs and the possible bullying etc. maybe she just needs someone to show her some concern.
Reply 8
sol89
Also, why hide around the back of the pub and do it?

So that people like you don't see her and assume she's doing heroin?? :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Shreerac1
So that people like you don't see her and assume she's doing heroin?? :rolleyes:

lawl :p:
Reply 10
sol89

Because of people like you?

Evidently, she isn't being discreet enough.
just tell her the drugs dont work, they just make it worse
Reply 12
Sorry, I don't understand the people who are saying - "Because of people like you".
I don't even live in the same area as you or know where she lives so i don't go round patrolling. If she was trying to hide this then why doesn't she just do it in her bedroom?
Reply 13
Because you arent always in your bedroom when you need insulin. Anyway since her best friend doesnt know that she is diabetic then she probably isnt. Id have a one on one chat with her somewhere private.
If she was injecting insulin, it would either be in her stomach, upper leg, or top of arm.

It would also most probably be in a "pen" form - not a syringe.

So if your friend was injecting it into her lower arm, or using a "proper" needle, I'd say it wasn't insulin.
Reply 15
Nocturnalia
If she was injecting insulin, it would either be in her stomach, upper leg, or top of arm.

It would also most probably be in a "pen" form - not a syringe.

So if your friend was injecting it into her lower arm, or using a "proper" needle, I'd say it wasn't insulin.

Maybe she's decided to become a bodybuilder and is injecting methenolone or norma decanoate or something.
Reply 16
sol89
Ofcourse, but I think that her closest friends would know she has diabetes by know.

Of course not. Your medical problems are your own business. If I was diabetic, I certain wouldn't tell people about it for no good reason.

Well if I was on any sort of medication, I wouldn't take it in public view. Privacy.

Anyway, may I suggest to the OP that she talks to the girl in question about it rather than approaching anybody else.
Reply 17
Lib North
Of course not. Your medical problems are your own business. If I was diabetic, I certain wouldn't tell people about it for no good reason.

Well if I was on any sort of medication, I wouldn't take it in public view. Privacy.

Anyway, may I suggest to the OP that she talks to the girl in question about it rather than approaching anybody else.

young girls do tell these things though. in fact, a lot of diabetics love to bang on abt it.
Reply 18
Spig
young girls do tell these things though. in fact, a lot of diabetics love to bang on abt it.

There's a girl I know who, whenever things don't go her way, wails "YOU'RE JUST PREDJUDICED AGAINST ME BECAUSE I'M DIABETIC!!!"

What. The. ****?
Reply 19
Hel
There's a girl I know who, whenever things don't go her way, wails "YOU'RE JUST PREDJUDICED AGAINST ME BECAUSE I'M DIABETIC!!!"

What. The. ****?

;laugh; that's nuts.

Latest

Trending

Trending