The Student Room Group

Question for the ladies here, be honest please.

Poll

Do women notice or care about shoulder width on men? if he dont have wide shoulder is

Do women notice or care about shoulder width on men? if he dont have wide shoulder is it a turn off?

Scroll to see replies

It is in no way important.
I didn't even think it was a thing, I mean, I don't really notice a guys shoulder width, personally.
Well the breadth of the shoulder would correlate with the chest, no?
As long as not pigeon chested, it's a non issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I do. I always carry a measuring tape with me.
It's not even something which has ever come to my mind to consider
ive never even thought about it :K:
Ngl I do look at shoulders in general (doesn't matter what size) because I think they're quite sexy lols
but I'd never dismiss a guy depending on the size of his shoulders :smile:
I've seen some unattractive shoulders in my time. I've seen some really wide ones on really small men and it looks odd. And I've seen really small ones on really tall wide chested men and it looks like an upside down "U". Can you change shoulder width? I've never tried.
Big shoulders are always nice but its not really important.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know you've directed this question specifically toward the ladies of TSR but wouldn't it depend entirely on how the shoulders look in proportion to the rest of the body? Surely, big shoulders and a smaller frame elsewhere would look odd and small shoulder width and a larger frame elsewhere would look odd. I'd say its all about proportion. I think many people desire for the V shaped body of fairly big shoulders where the body proportionally gets thinner as it comes down to the waist but even then, going too far would make someone look odd.

Original post by meenu89
I do. I always carry a measuring tape with me.

She is not being sarcastic either.
Reply 11
Can't say it's something I've ever thought about :tongue:
I've honestly never given it a thought.
Original post by coreyhunter
Do women notice or care about shoulder width on men? if he dont have wide shoulder is it a turn off?

Sometimes I notice shoulder width, but I don't use that observation to form a judgement about somebody. I would only judge somebody on the content of their character.
no :indiff:
Reply 15
Well I'll be honest, I love guys with broad shoulders, but I wouldn't reject a dude simply because his shoulder width wasn't my preference.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
She is not being sarcastic either.

I thought you were meant to keep that to yourself?!
If this plays a role in sexual attraction, which it most likely does, most people wouldn't consciously consider them.

I tend to enjoy seeing more symmetrical faces on women, just an objective part of sexual attraction really, but I don't stop and think "oh wow, look how symmetrical her face is" or "oh dear, she has that moderately large obnoxious freckle there on her right cheek and the left part of her chin dips down slightly more than her right and that ear is terribly small in comparison to her other one"...

These are subconscious things that affect our attraction to others but we don't actively stop and ponder them...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
I'll give TSR one thing.. you really do see just about every question imaginable..
Original post by Tai Ga
Well I'll be honest, I love guys with broad shoulders, but I wouldn't reject a dude simply because his shoulder width wasn't my preference.

Yes you would. Why do you lie?

Quick Reply

Latest