The Student Room Group

omg pathetic mistake.. going to be costly now

Ok this is another thread about my problem but this one seems to be the biggest one and ive only realised it now. Right bascially i dropped physics at As level. I have decided to resit physics though just to make it a better grade so a c basically. The problem is i have 6 resits and 4 of them being in chem and biology. I have paid my money for resits.

Now i dont want to resit physics because in theory everyone drops their worst subject and do unis really look at the dropped as level?, ive sent of my ucas form with physics pending and now im thinking i dont want to resit it. im not bothered about losing money but i want to know will unis really care about your dropped As level???:frown: :confused:
Reply 1
I've only had a quick scan of the forums but you seem to be a bit of a worrier! I'm no expert on this but I'd expect it depends on what sort of Uni you're applying to. I do know that some Universities may even ask for a specific grade for you to have an AS level in alongside your A2's, but I don't think this is particularly common.

Personally, if you want to re-do it for yourself and personal reasons, go for it, but otherwise why put yourself under extra re-sit stress you don't need?

Hope this is slightly helpful :smile:
Reply 2
basically i was thinking now ive sent my ucas off to my refree saying im resitting as physics, in other words put AS physics as pending, i will just do the exam without resitting. I do worry a lot for some reason, everyone points it out, i want to do pharmacy but i dont get if unis look at dropped AS levels or not.
Reply 3
Well where are you applying? The best way to find out for certain is to e-mail the universities directly inquire about their stance on AS grades - then maybe you can relax! :smile:
Yeah uni's do look at the AS Levels you've dropped. Some give offers such as maybe in your case BBBc with the c being in the 4th AS Level. So why dont you want to resit the physics exams then? have you recently changed your mind? I think it would probably be worth it.
Reply 5
hey nath, sorry to trouble you and all of you with this mess. Well i was just wondering beacuse i have 6 resits althogether if you add physics into it. I mean i only wanted to resit it to get it upto a C but now i am thinking why not keep the D? beacuse its my dropped one. Im just confused about whether unis look at your dropped as level or not. im applyin to brighton,pompey,ljmu,robert gordon, norwich and bradford.

Ive decided now that ive sent my ucas form off which has physics pending to do the resit because im not botherred about losing the money its just whether unis bother with it or not. i was very close to a c(got 58%)
Being the investigative little squirrel that I am, I did some research.

None of the universities on your list ask on their websites for a grade in your 4th AS level. That doesn't mean they won't make you an offer requesting a grade in it though, especially seeing as you told them you're retaking it.
Reply 7
It's certainly not impossible that unis will look at your physics. But even if they, don't having a decent grade will probably be useful after you graduate and are looking for jobs.
If you wait to see if you get any offers, then you can see whether they are conditional in getting a certain grade in AS Physics, if not then just cash it in and have the D because then you've got a pass in the subject.
Reply 9
o god so just because i said i was resitting physics i could in theory be given an offer in it? o god that would be so bad
Reply 10
i doubt you'll be given an offer based on your AS physics from any of the unis you'e applying to. The only uni that consistently does that, is Warwick. Some others like UCL/LSE/Ox/Cam etc may do it for some subjects, but don't worry about it. They will not ask you for a grade, and if they do, you can just think about resitting it afterwards. :smile:
Reply 11
thanks for that, on all the website of the unis i want to apply to they dont mention AS level, they all talk about needing so many points from 3 As levels
Reply 12
leannemarie
If you wait to see if you get any offers, then you can see whether they are conditional in getting a certain grade in AS Physics, if not then just cash it in and have the D because then you've got a pass in the subject.

shall I just leave it as pending?
Reply 13
Yes!
Reply 14
k thanks nellz thats helpufl of ya, i will just do the resit and if i do bad i wont be bothered.

Latest

Trending

Trending