The Student Room Group

I want to change college...

Sent my ucas form of 3 weeks ago, and I realised that there are actually colleges at Durham that would suit me much better than Grey. I want to switch to either Collingwood or St Aidens. Is this possible/ anyone have any experience with switching colleges?
Im worried that it might be too late as im startin gettin offers now, and if i got one from durham id be gutted if i couldnt go to the college i wanted.
My only suggestion would be to call Durham in the near future and make your request. I expect it's not uncommon, wanting to change colleges.
Reply 2
I think doing that would be a sure way to piss them off...
Reply 3
im not so sure now. i think ur application will have been sent to grey's .. and then a reversal would be a little heavy on the admin and admission tutors. I also thought about changing, but now I think I'l stick with St Mary's :smile:
Reply 4
what if i waited to see if i got an offer, then tried to change if I got one? Or are offers college based ?
Reply 5
RogueTrader
what if i waited to see if i got an offer, then tried to change if I got one? Or are offers college based ?

Once you get an offer it will most definitely be impossible to change. You are first accepted by the faculty, then by a college. Once you are accepted by a college I really doubt they'd let you change due to student numbers and college-subject allocations...
Reply 6
so im guessin it would be best to sort this out asap i.e. tomorrow
Reply 7
Email Durham and ask. You won't be the first person to :smile:
Reply 8
LH
Email Durham and ask. You won't be the first person to :smile:

i agree. after all, the worst they can say is :: no you can't change. so you got nothing to lose. if they say you can, do it. if not, unlucky. but worth a go.
Reply 9
Yer change to St. Aidans :wink:
Reply 10
lol sorry. I just e-mailed the economics admission officer ,kathryn cowton, and basically said that I originally narrowed college choices down to 3, and chose one that after further consideration I feel isnt right for me and said I regretted having not applied to Collingwood. So basically I asked if my application may be considered as one to Collingwood rather than Grey. We'll see what happens...

Latest

Trending

Trending