The Student Room Group
from my knowledge you put your AS grades and you dont put your A level grades yet put it as pending
You can choose yourself what is better for you.
http://education.guardian.co.uk/chooseadegree/story/0,,768414,00.html

PS Where do you put predicted grades in your form?
Reply 3
Whyknows
You can choose yourself what is better for you.
http://education.guardian.co.uk/chooseadegree/story/0,,768414,00.html

PS Where do you put predicted grades in your form?

the predicted grades come with the reference from your teachers. so basically it's in your reference...or atleast it should be.
varun_23
i am confused at the moment as i have read some posts where people put their predicted grades and some put their AS grades. Do you have a chioce? or do you have to include both in your UCAS form.

Well your predicted grades will HAVE to be on your application, you don't get to choose (you teachers put them, along with your reference).

AS grades are optional according to UCAS.
Your referee has to include your predicted grades in your reference. Whether or not you put your AS grades as well depends on whether or not they were certified. If they were, you have to declare them, but if they weren't cashed in or you declined them, you just put pending.
I thought that if you had "cashed-in" or certified your AS-Level grades that they had to be included on your UCAS form, and that this wasnt optional. However, if it is a College's policy to not cash in grades, or if a grade has been officially declined then you must put the grade as "Pending"?

Therefore there isn't really an option, or choice, it depends entirely on the certification policy of your examination centre.
varun_23
i am confused at the moment as i have read some posts where people put their predicted grades and some put their AS grades. Do you have a chioce? or do you have to include both in your UCAS form.

There is a section on the application form for your predicted grades. These will be determined by your teachers based on your AS grades and your classroom perfomance. You also put your AS grades on the form in the qualifications section.
Reply 8
You also put your AS grades on the form in the qualifications section.

I didn't. We were told that you only put AS grades if you are not continueing the subject to A2 level, but it may vary from place to place. Predicted grades are placed on the reference written by your teachers
Reply 9
shauncouldstone
I didn't. We were told that you only put AS grades if you are not continueing the subject to A2 level, but it may vary from place to place. Predicted grades are placed on the reference written by your teachers

If your AS grades are cashed in then you are supposed to put down your AS qualifications with your grades and then the A2's as pending. So it would be, eg:

AS English - A
AS Maths - A
AS Science - A
A2 English - Pending
A2 Maths - Pending
A2 Science - Pending

Latest

Trending

Trending