The Student Room Group

Guys what would you say makes a woman damaged goods???

.??.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by matthewduncan
What would you say makes a woman damaged goods???
An arrogant, paranoid and over-controlling man.

(Or a drug habit. Or a viral STD infection.)
a lady can become a "soiled dove" by not respecting herself and her body. true joy and fulfilment is found in the marital bed, not in a pub car park.
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
a lady can become a "soiled dove" by not respecting herself and her body. true joy and fulfilment is found in the marital bed, not in a pub car park.

I don't know... there are some pretty s****y pub car parks out there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by matthewduncan
.??.

As in, someone I wouldn't go near? (relationship wise).

Drug addiction (including tobacco goods), history of serious/major abuse (sad I know but I just know I wouldn't be able to deal with it), mental health issues beyond depression IE psychotic/schizophrenic, too much fear/jealousy, or just a control freak.

I think that is the major stuff, I don't care if a girl is a little needy sometimes but there is a point when minor things become major if they happen too often.

There is probably more stuff that would act on me subconsciously, but those are the things that would make me think it was a futile effort.
(edited 9 years ago)
- Serious mental health issues (Not including depression, anxiety, low self esteem, etc)

- Reliance on drugs
Herpes. You can't get rid of that ****.

Soiled dove...:indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
Some women have had bad experiences in the past which will affect how they react to things for a while but they aren't damaged goods, they are just people that can change like everyone else.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Some women have had bad experiences in the past which will affect how they react to things for a while but they aren't damaged goods, they are just people that can change like everyone else.

They can, but will they?
Not many people change who they are deep down.

Plus when someone has serious mental issues they lack the clarity to change as a person.

Drug addiction on the other-hand, I think once the person is completely over it/ won't go near the stuff again then its no longer worth dwelling on.
(edited 9 years ago)
- Gambling addiction
- Drug addiction
- HIV
- AIDS
- Herpes
- More than two tattoos
- A kid
- Divorced more than once
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
- Gambling addiction
- Drug addiction
- HIV
- AIDS
- Herpes
- More than two tattoos
- A kid
- Divorced more than once

A child makes a woman 'damaged goods' and a divorce? Wow
Original post by rosebud114

Yes, I don't want to look after offspring that's not mine, not saying I wouldn't take a dip though.

I said more than one divorce in my defense
Original post by MagicNMedicine

You can't cure AIDS.

Yet
You can't cure AIDS.

Yet

Some people are born HIV positive so you can't always be classified as 'damaged goods' because you have it. Wear protection you fools.
Original post by rosebud114

Yes, I don't want to look after offspring that's not mine

This. Nothing wrong with it.
Original post by tupper_ware
Some people are born HIV positive so you can't always be classified as 'damaged goods' because you have it. Wear protection you fools.

Very unlikely, only people in places like Africa are going to be born HIV positive
(edited 9 years ago)

the pub car park sounds more risky :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
For me it's abortion. Even agreeing with abortion outside of rape/physical disability ruins a woman's image for me. Women are meant to be nurturing and maternal, that is, pro-life.
Very unlikely, only people in countries like Africa are going to be born HIV positive

countries like Africa

COUNTRIES LIKE AFRICA

think I'll probably ignore what you have to say.

On topic: honestly can't think of anything of the top of my head. 'Damaged goods' I think is an unfortunate phrase. It clearly objectifies a person and suggests that if something happens to a person, whether by their doing or not, then they are irredeemable and irrelevant to greater society.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending