The Student Room Group

His3k june 2015

I know a little early, but I thought I would make it anyway. How far is everyone with revision? My school has just finished Khrushchev. What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Still on Khrushchev's reforms!

Have you got any resources, etc for this exam? :smile:
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
Still on Khrushchev's reforms!

Have you got any resources, etc for this exam? :smile:

No sorry, I only use the official AQA book, but my teacher says that is enough.
Still on Khrushchev's reforms? We have hit Brezhnev now...but it is very dull.
This thread needs to be more active.
If anyone wants as help with certain areas, ask away and maybe we all can help.
Reply 5
Finding Gorbachev the hardest to wrap my head around in terms of memorizing facts and key issues, has anyone found a way to condense the gorbachev period?? I find this exam difficult because there are so few past papers!
Original post by MoonOwl
Finding Gorbachev the hardest to wrap my head around in terms of memorizing facts and key issues, has anyone found a way to condense the gorbachev period?? I find this exam difficult because there are so few past papers!

What I do is I write essays. So, I either use one from past papers, or one I make up, and I use the book to write a 'perfect essay' and then I give this into my teacher to mark.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Shostakovish
What I do is I write essays. So, I either use one from past papers, or one I make up, and I use the book to write a 'perfect essay' and then I give this into my teacher to mark. With there corrections, I do the essay perfectly again and print it off and just basically read it. I will do this for each of the topics, or major topics, and then just read it. I like revising like that.

Thanks so much !! Will definitely try that, my teacher thinks a nationalities will come up for the breadth question
Could anyone think of good points for this question -What was Khrushchev’s purpose in making the 1956 ‘secret speech’? (this is from the book by the way)
Hey guys,
So, I have some notes that I thought may help some people out.
I cannot assure that they are good, but I think they are okay.
Hope you guys like them!

UNIT 1 = Stalin
UNIT 2 = Khrushchev
UNIT 3 = Brezhnev
UNIT 4 = The end of the USSR
Hey guys,
So, I have some notes that I thought may help some people out.
I cannot assure that they are good, but I think they are okay.
Hope you guys like them!

UNIT 1 = Stalin
UNIT 2 = Khrushchev
UNIT 3 = Brezhnev
UNIT 4 = The end of the USSR

thanks for uploading.. what resource did you use? just the official AQA textbook?
hi everyone
i hope they ask about khrushchev's attempts to reform agriculture and industry..or the great patriotic war. hopefully NOT nationalities or political stability --> the worst topics :angry:
Original post by ayannour4
hi everyone
i hope they ask about khrushchev's attempts to reform agriculture and industry..or the great patriotic war. hopefully NOT nationalities or political stability --> the worst topics :angry:

I would hate Khrushchev, I don't think there is enough to say about him.
I would like Economy under Brezhnev (and onwards) though.
thanks for uploading.. what resource did you use? just the official AQA textbook?

Official AQA textbooks
But also, for historical interpretations and a better understanding, actual books (by Service, McAuley, etc.)
And the internet.
Reply 14
Could anyone think of good points for this question -What was Khrushchev’s purpose in making the 1956 ‘secret speech’? (this is from the book by the way)

It's between the intended consequences and unintended ones, he wanted to:
-disassociate himself from Stalin and the terror
-further his career
- Remove the Cult of Personality and terror etc

Unintended consequences
- Led to some criticism from colleagues
- The nationalities expecting more freedom? Link with Hungary maybe
- Made the Party & communism look bad

Thats all i can think of on the spot, hope it helps a bit? :smile:
hi everyone

They would be nice questions! We all think Stalin is unlikely to come up so much though as it came up last year as a Great Patriotic War question.. :/ Khrushchev would be alright, anything Gorbachev would be awful unless it was the breadth question :smile:
3 days to go...
3 days to go...

Don't remind me.. :smile:
Reply 18
Anyone got any exam predictions, i personally think it could be Khrushchev's downfall/destalinisation and Gorbachev's reforms (successes and failures). What are everyones else's ideas?
How did everyone find it?? I thought it was a good paper, the wording on the Gorbachev and breadth questions were a bit weird but generally not too demanding. The one about Khrushchev was perfect imo ..

Quick Reply

Latest