The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
Anyone got any tips, resources etc.

Anyone else doing this on their own.

Good luck brahs, we're all going to make it!

Damien

shouldn't this thread be in maths exams?

moderator!
bump
Reply 5
Original post by I_Like_Maths
Goodness of Fit, Arghh it kills me!

Thank you for that!:smile:

I hope you find it useful

I use these questions when I teach (S3 is not my cup of tea...)
Original post by TeeEm

Are you a teacher kek?

Links are broken, but I have heard of madassmaths so will check that out, found decent videos on youtube for s3 too.

Thanks

Damien.
Reply 7
Are you a teacher kek?

Links are broken, but I have heard of madassmaths so will check that out, found decent videos on youtube for s3 too.

Thanks

Damien.

there is nothing wrong with the links
it looks like the server is down. I was trying to upload and it kicked me out (internet problems)
Original post by TeeEm

I only had a quick scan over it but it seems like it will be a lot of use to me considering I find GOF a real pain and one of the hardest things I have done in Stats this year even though it is all process rather than actual difficult maths. Like I said thanks again
Reply 9
Are you a teacher kek?

Thanks

Damien.

website is back to normal

Damien

I am self teaching I have only done the first chapter so far and I have got loads of sampling to do next which I am not looking forward to.A lot of sampling I wouldn't really consider Maths.
Yeah but sampling makes sense, its intuitive. Can't survey a whole population, survey a cross section that best represents a whole population

Damien

Self study S3 ... so i desperately need help to score A*!!!!
All i got is a textbook :wink:
Original post by sunnydespair
Yeah but sampling makes sense, its intuitive. Can't survey a whole population, survey a cross section that best represents a whole population

There is so much rubbish in that and conceptual stuff that belongs in Science not Maths.Anything that doesn't involve calculations is not Maths ie.defintions,a lot of sampling theories etc.
Original post by Dalek1099
I am self teaching I have only done the first chapter so far and I have got loads of sampling to do next which I am not looking forward to.A lot of sampling I wouldn't really consider Maths.

Original post by sunnydespair

Original post by DCMed96
Self study S3 ... so i desperately need help to score A*!!!!
All i got is a textbook :wink:

Original post by Dalek1099
There is so much rubbish in that and conceptual stuff that belongs in Science not Maths.Anything that doesn't involve calculations is not Maths ie.defintions,a lot of sampling theories etc.

Yes then.

I have only covered parts of the sampling. Kind of like gcse stats, with the stratified, systematic, random etc.

And also spearmans rank which was fun. Will do those first and probably go back to S2. And then finish off the rest of S3.

S3 is one of the earlier exams.

Dalek is the book your only resource?
Yes then.

I have only covered parts of the sampling. Kind of like gcse stats, with the stratified, systematic, random etc.

And also spearmans rank which was fun. Will do those first and probably go back to S2. And then finish off the rest of S3.

It is very early indeed! which is really nice since i can get rid of it earlier !! :colondollar:
Yes then.

Yes pretty much I have both books Edexcel and Heinemann though but there are resources on the internet I think.S2 wasn't too bad to self teach so I'm hoping S3 isn't but I have also got S4 to self teach-my school only do up to S1.
when you do the probability with modulus, for e.g. P( |L-T|<0.1), will it be P( L-T<0.1) AND P( L-T>-0.1)?

I thought when you have a modulus function you do expand when it'll be +ve and -ve, so thee -ve one would be

P(-L+T<-0.1), but I know that's not right, just want to understand why you don't expand in the same way?
Also since there's a modulus, won't that mean the z value can only be positive?
anyone????
Original post by mmms95
anyone????

P( |L-T|<0.1) basically means L-T can either be less than 0.1 or greater than -0.1 ...
you can approach this by writing this as P(-0.1<L-T<0.1), then you move the T to get P(-0.1+T<L<0.1+T) and then you move on the Z ....

I hope you can get it... it is quite annoying sometimes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending