The Student Room Group

Israel & Palestine conflict: what does Palestine want?

I have recently come to believe that the Hamas and a lot of the Palestinian people do not want peace until Israel is wiped off the map. Is there any evidence for this?

Well... yes actually:

-The Hamas (which was voted for by the majority) has explicitly stated that they want Israel destroyed above all else.

-Early Palestinian leaders showed their support to Hitler and the Holocaust: (e.g. they hate Jews) and today's Muslims have this bizzare way of rigidly sticking to the views of their ancestors

-The Hamas have used tunnels built by children to assault Israel (i.e. they want to destroy Israel more than they want to look after children)

-Palestine has never accepted a two state solution that Israel has proposed. Palestine has never proposed such a solution.

-The BDS campaign focusses solely on weakening Israel, rather than promoting peace as such.

-The conflict was triggered by Palestine, who launched unprovoked attacks on Israel before they ever lifted a finger.

So why.... do so many people hate Israel so much and passionately defend Palestine? Are these facts not true or are they deluded?
Reply 1
Original post by SmallDuck
I have recently come to believe that the Hamas and a lot of the Palestinian people do not want peace until Israel is wiped off the map. Is there any evidence for this?

Well... yes actually:

-The Hamas (which was voted for by the majority) has explicitly stated that they want Israel destroyed above all else.

-Early Palestinian leaders showed their support to Hitler and the Holocaust: (e.g. they hate Jews) and today's Muslims have this bizzare way of rigidly sticking to the views of their ancestors

-The Hamas have used tunnels built by children to assault Israel (i.e. they want to destroy Israel more than they want to look after children)

-Palestine has never accepted a two state solution that Israel has proposed. Palestine has never proposed such a solution.

-The BDS campaign focusses solely on weakening Israel, rather than promoting peace as such.

-The conflict was triggered by Palestine, who launched unprovoked attacks on Israel before they ever lifted a finger.

So why.... do so many people hate Israel so much and passionately defend Palestine? Are these facts not true or are they deluded?

Please use the sticky thread for any discussion of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Latest

Trending

Trending