The Student Room Group

HELP - have taken wrong a-level don't know what to do, any advice is appreciated.

Basically, I thought I wanted to go in to fashion (possibly) and so took pre-u textiles as I love textiles. I am relatively intelligent (would be aiming for all A*'s at the end ideally) and the other thing I wanted to do after school would be to study Eng lit. BUT the pre-u is loads and loads of work and I just don't think I'm doing very well and the volume of work I'm producing is simply not enough and I am really really scared I'm going to spend two years on it and do badly and that it's then going to affect my chances of attending a top uni and I think I need to switch it for a different subject but it's been a term already so I think it might be too late and I'm really really really worried and I can't tell my parents because they thought it might be too much and it is. I just don't know what to do.
Look, the longer you spend worrying about it, the more time you waste and the harder it becomes to change. Have a frank conversation with your parents, talk to your tutor or whoever, and sort this out ASAP.
Reply 2
You sound like you're panicking speak to the relevant teachers and ask their opinions on your work and what they see you realistically being able to achieve. though i'd say if you want to swap subjects you'd need to start over the year.

Quick Reply