The Student Room Group

IOLIS - Anybody with any opinions?

This "interactive learning programme" is installed on the network computers at Hallam but I haven't taken the opportunity to use it yet. Last night I saw a poster advertising the CD and a web address - I've been and had a little look and a single user CD is very reasonably priced at £25!

Has anybody used the resource and if so, what are your opinions? Is it worth investing in?

http://www.law.warwick.ac.uk/lcc/iolis/default.htm
I used IOLIS once and that was because there was some reference to it on one of my reading lists.
I didn't think much of it, there wasn't anything there that I couldn't have got from a textbook and as I prefer the latter medium, I never had a reason to go back to it again.
I suppose, on the other hand, that it is quite cheap and there is a lot of information on it for all of the different modules that you are likely to cover. That is the only reason that could tempt me.
Reply 2
I've been to the learning centre this morning striaght from work... had a look at the comparative section (specifically the American Constitution) and the Contract module... have to say I was underwhelmed. Very simplistic although I think I will use it (on the network as opposed to purchasing outright) as introductory material on sme specific issues.
Fireman John
I've been to the learning centre this morning striaght from work... had a look at the comparative section (specifically the American Constitution) and the Contract module... have to say I was underwhelmed. Very simplistic although I think I will use it (on the network as opposed to purchasing outright) as introductory material on sme specific issues.

Were you overwhelmed by it simplicity?
Reply 4
To be quite honest - I wasn't overwhelmed by any aspect!!! I think it will help to organsie my initial thoughts - 'cos that's something I have trouble with...

When I'm approaching something new (or complex) I mash together loads of stuff but it has no rhyme or reason to it... I tend to pull bits from here and there. On top of that, some "formative" things make no sense to me but then all of a sudden it makes sense later down the line when I read or hear something else that has a bearing or a reliance upon that "formative" thing. By that time I've got a rather confused picture in my head.

So IOLIS may serve a purpose - I'll certainly make use of it, it may act as an aid to developing my introductory knowledge, but I remain to be convinced!

Latest

Trending

Trending