The Student Room Group

Is 5'8" too short for men to be dating/pulling?

I'm this height and I'm finding it to be a hindrance in attracting the opposite sex, despite being apparently very handsome. Should I just give up?

I'm also a 'nice' person (i.e. not a 'bad boi') and look quite a bit younger than my age (i.e. still look like a teenager). I'm also non-muscly and slim. Maybe these are factors too?

Stupid question I know, but I just want some opinions.
5'8 isn't that short tbh, I think that's fine. As long as you're taller than her in most cases it's generally alright.
5'8 is not too small? That's an average height. I'm pretty sure if your 5'8 that doesn't make you an instant turn off to women..a maybe your trying to find women in the wrong places.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't matter what you look like (Providing you dont look like a homeless fella / a yeti) . Seriously. Its more to do with how you present yourself as a person.
I think the confluence of being short, under-developed, and young-looking will probably bring added challenges to pulling in clubs and on nights out where initial impressions of looks can be make-or-break. But none of these would ever really affect your ability to get with girls in other settings, so just figure out what works for you.
Sigh. Of course it isn't.
Are you insecure about it? Women can pick up on that. As long as you 'own it', a lot people won't care about your height (which is not particularly short anyway).
Reply 7
Original post by Precious Illusions
Sigh. Of course it isn't.

Maybe not dating, but as the person above said, I face challenges in 'getting off' with people in clubs.
Original post by PimpsNChuds
Maybe not dating, but as the person above said, I face challenges in 'getting off' with people in clubs.

Not necessarily. A lot (not ALL) girls are just happy if guys are taller than them.
Reply 9
Original post by KimonoMyHouse
Are you insecure about it? Women can pick up on that. As long as you 'own it', a lot people won't care about your height (which is not particularly short anyway).

Yes I think I might be (but not like seriously). How can women pick up on it? I don't go around moping about it in front of people; I keep it to myself (and online obv).

It's not particularly tall though either.
Reply 10
Original post by PimpsNChuds
I'm this height and I'm finding it to be a hindrance in attracting the opposite sex, despite being apparently very handsome. Should I just give up?

I'm also a 'nice' person (i.e. not a 'bad boi') and look quite a bit younger than my age (i.e. still look like a teenager). I'm also non-muscly and slim. Maybe these are factors too?

Stupid question I know, but I just want some opinions.

I'm 5ft and my boyfriends/flirtations haven't been that tall

Idk I'd say go for the petite girls?
I'm 5'7" so 5'8" is perfect for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending