The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Current 1st year MPharm student at Manchester University, living in Sheavyn.

Howdy! I'm a first year Pharmacy student studying at the University of Manchester. Currently I'm living in halls, Sheavyn House and if anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll try my best to answer them (or ask someone for you). I can post photos for things too if you want. Anything to try and help you make decisions.
I've seen a few people write fallowfield is dead. I will be firming Manchester and I really liked the fallowfield accomodations...so, is it dead? Or will I have fun?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by MPharmLass
Howdy! I'm a first year Pharmacy student studying at the University of Manchester. Currently I'm living in halls, Sheavyn House and if anyone has any questions, fire away and I'll try my best to answer them (or ask someone for you). I can post photos for things too if you want. Anything to try and help you make decisions.

Hi
First and foremost, congratulations or well done for getting into MPharm in Manchester.
My first question is, what was your offer and what did you actually get to be allowed into the course?
Because I was predicted ABB and I was offered conditional for AAB. To be honest, I think its a little high. What should I do? Please help. Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by newguy101
I've seen a few people write fallowfield is dead. I will be firming Manchester and I really liked the fallowfield accomodations...so, is it dead? Or will I have fun?

Dead?! No. Definitely no. Especially not if you have plans to have fun :biggrin: I think Fallowfield is in a good spot, you've got some of the bars like 256 and Font right on your doorstep and Revolution and Bar Baas just there too. There's Squirrels bar actually on campus, which I've never seen anything except packed and there's always something going on in a flat somewhere. Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 4
Original post by Smusah12
Hi
First and foremost, congratulations or well done for getting into MPharm in Manchester.
My first question is, what was your offer and what did you actually get to be allowed into the course?
Because I was predicted ABB and I was offered conditional for AAB. To be honest, I think its a little high. What should I do? Please help. Thanks

I was given an offer at ABB which I got at A Level. Have you still got your A Level exams this year or have you finished already?
Reply 5
Original post by MPharmLass
I was given an offer at ABB which I got at A Level. Have you still got your A Level exams this year or have you finished already?

That's good. Your offer is so good. I guess they really liked you. I have my A2 this year. I doubt I'll get AAB. I am already working my self off. Can't stretch anymore. Thanks
hi there, i'm an international student (Canada) who has been offered a place in this course starting in 2015(mpharm). I have a few questions regarding this course. Some of these might be pretty stupid/common sense to you, but given i have little to no knowledge about how education works at the u of manchester, hopefully you can enlgihten me a bit.

First of all, how is the course structured? It is mostly lectures? Are there still tutorials or is that just oxbridge (sorry, i've never had a tutorial in my life so i really dont know). Is most of the stuff you learn like theory (textbook) or is there a lot of clinical stuff too (hands-on stuff). Also, how are you evaluated in the course? If i graduate this program, can i still get a job in pharmaceutical research, or only a pharmacist? How big is the class size, and how many people are in lectures/classes?

About residences, since i know nothing about them, could you recommend me a residence thats newer(hopefully), preferably a single room (not sure if there are any with washrooms :P) and relatively quiet (don't care too much for parties etc). Are there sport facilities that are free to use for the students (gyms, etc.)

Are there any general pros/cons you have based off your current experiences about the course/university.

sorry for the load of questions, I've had this offer for a while now but havent done too much research :P. My goal would be to get the Mpharm degree and do a conversion back in Canada to become a pharmacist in Canada, if i don't decide to go in to research after. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending