The Student Room Group

Is it too long? (girl-related, not phallic)

First off, i'm not good at this girl stuff - but recently i've been trying which is something i didn't use to. Met some girl and asked for her number and got it but nothing came of it - but a minor victory for me i guess. Anyway, things weren't going great on that front and i asked for a little from above (yeah, yeah.....sometimes i feel it helps).

Anyway, next day i was in town and i bumped into this girl i've known for about 13 years. We went to primary school, secondary school, sixth form, she was at same university too but has already graduated. Whenever we see each other we speak but outside of that i've not spoken to her much considering how long i've known her; so not amazing friends. I've always liked her, she's just really nice and i think she's very pretty too (which helps).

So yesterday her friend invited me to a party she was having and she was going to be there. So i decided to go along just because i think some things are worth exploring considering the previous night i'd asked for a bit of help. I spoke to her a bit, we sat down together and were chatting a bit about life and that sort of stuff. It got interrupted but it felt comfortable and i couldn't stop looking into her eyes :suith: She had to go and i left at same time and she said she'll be back in this part of the country in a few weeks - but didn't mention seeing me.

So the question is: considering the amount of time i've known her is it even worth trying to go there? If she liked me surely something would have happened by now? I may get in touch and ask to meet up with her when she's back here but i don't know. Any opinions are welcome and i know it's quite a long read too. I don't want to push things either because whenever i have nothing comes of it. But all advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
:congrats:
excellent title
Reply 2
Thanks, i try. I didn't want to be mis-leading and keep it relevant. Any ideas though?
Reply 3
come on people...a poor guy needing some advice here. A generous rep award for good advice if that's any incentive :smile:
Reply 4
Don't bother.
Reply 5
Tbh I think you should totally go for it. Yes its scary because of rejection etc. but you've gotta remember if you don't you'll always be thinking 'what if?', live for the moment I say :smile: If its meant to be, it's meant to be imo. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Go for it - better late that never! In fact, it's a good thing, because you don't have the awkwardness of any history together so you can sort of start quite fresh, BUT you've got a lovely feeling of familarity which might make it more comfortable than with someone completely new.
Reply 7
Profesh
Don't bother.

I'll discard your opinion as i've seen your advice stinks - especially in something i saw earlier.
Reply 8
Hey dude. Don't worry about it. You come across like a genuinely nice individual. I'm sure you won't lack for nice young ladies crossing your path in the years to come.

Anyway, you'd probably find she was more trouble than she's worth if you did start seeing her.. :wink: :smile:
Reply 9
go for it...if it doesnt work out at least u wont have the embarrassment of having to see her continuoulsy
Reply 10
Try!!! If you don't try you don't know do you, the fact that you said you felt comfortable with the girl is a good start, and no something should not already have happened if it was going to, you youself said that you hadn't really spoken to her before, go for it!! Good luck
Reply 11
You never know, she might let you bum her:wink:
Depends how close you are as friends. I've been friends with this girl all my life, our parents are friends. I know shes quite attractive, but I just don't view her in that way. If you're quite close with this friend then she may not view you in that way either.

If you've just been vague acquaintances for the past 13 years there is every chance you could become partners.
Reply 13
ledge
Hey dude. Don't worry about it. You come across like a genuinely nice individual. I'm sure you won't lack for nice young ladies crossing your path in the years to come.

Anyway, you'd probably find she was more trouble than she's worth if you did start seeing her.. :wink: :smile:

Thanks, i'd like to think i am. I'm just not so good with the ladies and i have strict "criteria" which makes it difficult. Religion is one of the factors which makes it kind of difficult and considering there's only about 13 million of us in the world and about 250,000 in this country it's kind of difficult :p:

Perhaps she woud let me bum her :p: but i'd be more than happy to just sit and look into her eyes and cuddle and that sort of stuff.

As i said we're not amazing friends considering how long we've known each other. More acquaintances really and we'll speak when we see each other but nothing more than that. She didn't seem to mind me sitting quite close to her last night but i didn't try anything - because i'm not that brave and time was short. But as she left she said to me she'll be coming back in a few weeks and she'll see me (i don't know if it was a hint or it was just a being polite thing) She didn't ask for my number or anything like that so i'm not sure. But i think this is worth trying for - rep will be distributed to all the lovely people, but patience is a necessity as i have to work in priority. But it'll be worth the wait and keep the good advice flowing :smile:
Anonymous
there's only about 13 million of us in the world and about 250,000 in this country it's kind of difficult :p:

You're a Jedi? :wink:
Reply 15
go for it, take a risk :smile:
aww love is proper cute
goodluck x
Reply 16
Go for it without letting her know that you are going for it. Ask her out for a drink, if she is interested then she will see you asking her as a good sign, if she isn't then she will see it as you wanting to have a drink with her as you have known her for ages. You can then gauge the response you get later on.
Reply 17
Just go for it, if you don't you might regret it one day!!
Reply 18
Shreerac1
You're a Jedi? :wink:

Yes, after many years of battling with the dark side.

The thing is she's not here, but she'll be back visiting in a few weeks so i could ask her out for lunch if i get her on facebook or something and then take it from there. The only problem is i don't know what i can and can't get away with - i was trying to gently flirt last night, but i'm not good at this stuff. I just figure if something was going to happen it would have by now. I just think about her a lot and it worries me because perhaps i'm wanting something too much and it just seems so convenient after my little "request" i made the previous night (perhaps pure co-incidence).
Reply 19
Anonymous
I'll discard your opinion as i've seen your advice stinks - especially in something i saw earlier.

In which case, it probably wasn't 'advice' so much as a flippant and facetious aside.

Hint, hint.

Latest

Trending

Trending