The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Portfolio for UAL creative direction

Hey I am currently studying art at A2 level and have applied to study creative direction for fashion at UAL, my sketchbook is rather fashion illustration and portraiture based so i am wondering when considering my portfolio do the interviewers just look for ability to plan and creative skill or do they look for specific fashion design portfolios? thankyou :smile:
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! I'm applying for creative direction for fashion at LCF too!
I'm also struggling to think of what to put in my portfolio.. and downside is , i only do photography a level (my only artsy subject:frown: )
After long and hard research i found that people normally put up to 20 best pieces of your best work so don't fill it all with portraits and illustrations , show that once or twice..
I think you need to show other skills such a presentation , use of different media and especially technology ??

I'm just confused about the part where they say a portfolio should contain around 5 projects?? I have no idea and need help!
Reply 3
im think of apply as well and not sure what to put in portfolio like im applying mainly for fashion so im still trying to tailor it so that it work for all. don't you put up mini online portfolio then if you get to the next stage you bring your proper portfolio to the interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending