The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F324~ 10th June 2015~ A2 Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
What are you on about?

Asking if anyone's done it, is hardly asking them for the answers.

I've never done one before since I've transferred so I want to know what they're like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yess we have. we've done two of them, but left the last one till after half term for some blooming reason :s-smilie:
Original post by theDanIdentity
yess we have. we've done two of them, but left the last one till after half term for some blooming reason :s-smilie:

AQA have one practical and one paper. How come there's three for OCR? Are there three separate question papers and three diff experiments?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for those websites they are rather helpful!

Only at the beginning of F324 (we did F325 first) but I'm trying to keep on top of it. I'm really nervous about this exam, this is the one that could let me down in terms of meeting my Uni offer!! :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by Thomas__X
Thank you for those websites they are rather helpful!

Only at the beginning of F324 (we did F325 first) but I'm trying to keep on top of it. I'm really nervous about this exam, this is the one that could let me down in terms of meeting my Uni offer!! :s-smilie:

we did 325 first too. I think the spectormetry/ HNMR and CNRM, Benzens stuff is easy to understand. The HNMR questions on papers can be very hard but the benzene stuff will all be the same pretty much.
Not looking forward to the rest of F324 cos it looks hard with all the synthesis crap.
What are you on about?

Asking if anyone's done it, is hardly asking them for the answers.

I've never done one before since I've transferred so I want to know what they're like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was only warning you. Don't get sassy. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETRC
we did 325 first too. I think the spectormetry/ HNMR and CNRM, Benzens stuff is easy to understand. The HNMR questions on papers can be very hard but the benzene stuff will all be the same pretty much.
Not looking forward to the rest of F324 cos it looks hard with all the synthesis crap.

Yeah...I've looked over the the first module, it looks okay...mainly just reaction mechanisms (substitutions etc), the other two defiantly look more difficult though. Organic is defiantly my weaker area...:s-smilie:
AQA have one practical and one paper. How come there's three for OCR? Are there three separate question papers and three diff experiments?

Posted from TSR Mobile

loooooooool, you've asked an amazing question, and i'll be lying if is said i have/had the answer; so heres' whats' gonna happen. i'ma tell you what i know and you google the rest.. aside from what i've told you (the three practicals and the two exams i have)

i know nothing.

(have fun with google :biggrin: and don't be a stranger with what you find out now, you here?:biggrin:)
Original post by theDanIdentity
loooooooool, you've asked an amazing question, and i'll be lying if is said i have/had the answer; so heres' whats' gonna happen. i'ma tell you what i know and you google the rest.. aside from what i've told you (the three practicals and the two exams i have)

i know nothing.

(have fun with google :biggrin: and don't be a stranger with what you find out now, you here?:biggrin:)

I asked my teacher instead. Can't believe OCR are so rubbish they dont even show u last years or maybe a sample one just to show new students the structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked my teacher instead. Can't believe OCR are so rubbish they dont even show u last years or maybe a sample one just to show new students the structure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

welcome to my world.. not the best of places to be at times, imho loooooool :biggrin:
Hey guys,

Does any1 know if this will be the last year that OCR will be doing these exams
Original post by omarali1212
Hey guys,

Does any1 know if this will be the last year that OCR will be doing these exams

No next year is the last year then it will be linear exams. I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Hi, would someone mind helping me out with this question on C-13 NMR:

C4H8O2 has 6 isomers that are carboxylic acids or esters, their C NMR spectra are below. Try to determine which is which and match each peak with each carbon.
It is your justification that is most important as some of them are very similar.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
Original post by Chenice
Hi, would someone mind helping me out with this question on C-13 NMR:

C4H8O2 has 6 isomers that are carboxylic acids or esters, their C NMR spectra are below. Try to determine which is which and match each peak with each carbon.
It is your justification that is most important as some of them are very similar.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png

I'm not going to do the whole question but you just need to say peak at ... Means ester functional group or peak at ..... Means carboxylic acid ect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Hayley Williams
I'm not going to do the whole question but you just need to say peak at ... Means ester functional group or peak at ..... Means carboxylic acid ect

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have done that and identified all the peaks and carbon environments but I don't understand how to distinguish each isomer as they're all quite similar ?
Hi-this may seem like a stupid question but after you've completed a Chemistry paper in the timed conditions, do you check ALL your work? I never seem to have enough time to check most of it but at the same time I'm making a few errors where I haven't read the rubric or the diagram properly. Does anyone have any advice, do you check specific questions etc? I know that in Maths exams-checking working is a MUST but in other exams e.g. English exams rereading your essay is less relevant... Thanks.
Original post by MissMedical
Hi-this may seem like a stupid question but after you've completed a Chemistry paper in the timed conditions, do you check ALL your work? I never seem to have enough time to check most of it but at the same time I'm making a few errors where I haven't read the rubric or the diagram properly. Does anyone have any advice, do you check specific questions etc? I know that in Maths exams-checking working is a MUST but in other exams e.g. English exams rereading your essay is less relevant... Thanks.

Don't bother with timed conditions, focus on getting the answers correct!
Checking I'm the worst at doing, I always miss stupid errors! I intend to just go through the whole paper with a fine tooth comb afterwards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MissMedical

I agree with what the other person said, don't do times conditions and get the correct answer so you will be able to do then quickly and correctly in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
I agree with what the other person said, don't do times conditions and get the correct answer so you will be able to do then quickly and correctly in the exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why thank you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me with the June 2010 F325 final question (7b)? I got as far as finding the concentration in the 25cm3 used and then can't work out how to find it in the original, non-diluted 25cm3. The mark scheme goes on about multiplying by 40 but I have no idea where that came from :frown:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Can anyone help me with the June 2010 F325 final question (7b)? I got as far as finding the concentration in the 25cm3 used and then can't work out how to find it in the original, non-diluted 25cm3. The mark scheme goes on about multiplying by 40 but I have no idea where that came from :frown:

That's the same as dividing by 25/1000 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending