The Student Room Group

Is it for the best? Break ups :(

Heya, I was 17, and i had never really entered a relationship before - and i joined this company (...Instore) and as a xmas temp i met this wonderful girl, she changed how i looked at everything and everyone, I truly loved the next 6 months i spent with her, it felt so perfect... Never had an upset or aurgement, we'd see each other alot and etc. I was soooo happy :smile:!

But before i met her, i had a trip planned. Me and a friend had paid for a trip to South Amercia for Four months within my Gap year before uni. Yesterday we broke up after 2 months of drifting apart, the trip is under 3 months away, and the good bye would be un-bearable.

Thing is, before i met her - I'd never experienced what it was like to be with someone. So now i'm alone, Theres no one who wants to hear about my day :frown: We parted on good terms, to be friends as well. Dont see how that'll work out.

ugh, sorry! I just wonder how long it'll take me to get over it ;[
Reply 1
This going to sound cliched, but give it time! Eventually your feelings will dull, then pass, its never easy to break up with someone, but just look forward to the great time you'll have in South America.
One other point, being friends with exes can work wonders, you can build a great relationship with them, but sometimes that isn't practical, never feel like you have to remain friends with someone, you don't have to if it didn't work!

Latest

Trending

Trending