The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Chemical Engineering 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArgoV
I feel that this is one of the things that is stopping me from placing UCL as my firm; most jobs in this field require prior experience. :sigh:

I suppose we would have to be a bit more independent and look for summer internships and stuff if that's the case :/ Have you been invited to UCL's offer holder open day? I'm planning on attending one and gonna ask more about it to them then
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by arcanum96
I suppose we would have to be a bit more independent and look for summer internships and stuff if that's the case :/ Have you been invited to UCL's offer holder open day? I'm planning on attending one and gonna ask more about it to them then

I've been sent an invite; but haven't picked a date yet.
Original post by ArgoV
I've been sent an invite; but haven't picked a date yet.

No rush really, they're till March and you only have to give a week's notice.
I was wondering that too, it's starting to appear to me that they might not do

It's only starting to appear to you now? This wasn't apparent to you when you applied? And there's no 'might' they definitely don't.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
It's only starting to appear to you now? This wasn't apparent to you when you applied? And there's no 'might' they definitely don't.

I wasn't certain on this when I applied, thank you for the confirmation.
Reply 25

It was apparent to me when I applied was that the university does not offer a year off a work placement; what I wanted to know is if, to compensate, they had any links in industry whatsoever, available to us once we graduate.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ArgoV
It was apparent to me when I applied was that the university does not offer a year off a work placement; what I wanted to know is if, to compensate, they had any links in industry whatsoever, available to us once we graduate.

I remember reading in the prospectus that it has good connections with industry.
Reply 27
I remember reading in the prospectus that it has good connections with industry.

You'll be hard-pressed to find a prospectus that doesn't say that.
Original post by ArgoV
You'll be hard-pressed to find a prospectus that doesn't say that.

Haha true
Reply 29
Anyone sitll waiting on UCL or have a lot of people got their offers now for chem / bio eng?
Original post by Hudl
Anyone sitll waiting on UCL or have a lot of people got their offers now for chem / bio eng?

think the majority of people who applied before jan got offers (for all engineering) unless they suck
Original post by solarplexus
think the majority of people who applied before jan got offers (for all engineering) unless they suck

That's ridiculous. My friend has an offer from Cambridge and UCL haven't replied back to him.

Original post by Hudl

Me and a mate. Yeah.

But both for mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by solarplexus

Hahaha thanks but your comments make me laugh, imagine if I applied to UCL before jan and I thought I sucked but I actually don't how would that make me feel? lol

Original post by reallydontknow
That's ridiculous. My friend has an offer from Cambridge and UCL haven't replied back to him.

Me and a mate. Yeah.

But both for mechanical

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right, congrats....when did it come through and what are your stats if you don't mind!

My situation was weird, I sent my UCAS off on the 14th but as I applied for medicine it only had 4 choices. I knew I had to write a PS for UCL and was procrastinating. I finally decided to add UCL on the 10th Dec where I then got sent an email to send the PS by the 30th which I did send for the 30th Dec, which was still holidays.

So I'm guessing my actual application received time is like jan idk
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hudl
Hahaha thanks but your comments make me laugh, imagine if I applied to UCL before jan and I thought I sucked but I actually don't how would that make me feel? lol

Oh right, congrats....when did it come through and what are your stats if you don't mind!

My situation was weird, I sent my UCAS off on the 14th but as I applied for medicine it only had 4 choices. I knew I had to write a PS for UCL and was procrastinating. I finally decided to add UCL on the 10th Dec where I then got sent an email to send the PS by the 30th which I did send for the 30th Dec, which was still holidays.

So I'm guessing my actual application received time is like jan idk

Not me, my friend haha.

For As he's got 4 A's

I got Aab (I did maths in a year whereas he just sid normal maths and furthermaths AS)

But yeah, he sent his application obvs before the October deadline and I sent mine like start of December and neither of us have heard from UCL. But we've both got accepted on all our 4 options, so now we just really want a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reallydontknow
Not me, my friend haha.

For As he's got 4 A's

I got Aab (I did maths in a year whereas he just sid normal maths and furthermaths AS)

But yeah, he sent his application obvs before the October deadline and I sent mine like start of December and neither of us have heard from UCL. But we've both got accepted on all our 4 options, so now we just really want a decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here i applied in november-december time. Got accepted on my other 4 uni's still waiting on ucl, will probably be my firm if i get it.
Hey,

Do you guys know how much time per week is spent in lectures, workshops and tutorials? For chemE of course.
Original post by PinkOcto123
Hey,

Do you guys know how much time per week is spent in lectures, workshops and tutorials? For chemE of course.

Here's a link for the year timetable, just type BEng/MEng Chemical Engineering on Degree Programmes.

https://timetable.ucl.ac.uk/tt/homePage.do

Looks quite intense :tongue:

Gonna be hard to balance extracurrics/life xD

What makes you say they definitely don't? According to their site they do.

"We are committed to, and encourage you to take, a formal industrial training (sandwich) year during your degree programme. This is usually during the year before your final study year, and provides invaluable experience."

And I understand UCL's ChemE rankings are pretty subpar, but why is it so? Are the lecturers and facilities that ****?

Hi guys !I'm Currently doing A-levels Maths Chemistry, Business and ICT and i am predicted AAAB. I am planning to apply for mechanical engineering at City, Queen Mary, Warwick and Exeter. And also hopefully applying for Chem Eng at UCL. I read one forum of UCL applicants for the chemical engineering course and i noticed that they have significantly higher GCSE results than mine as al i got was B's and C's. My question is would i get rejected if i apply for Chemical engineering at UCL and Mechanical engineering at the other universities that i mentioned.I hope to get a quick reply :smile:
Reply 39
Hi! I'm thinking of applying for chem Eng at UCL and was wondering what offers do most people get, is it generally AAA or A*AA?
If anyone who received an offer from UCL for Chem Eng in the past couple of years wouldn't mind commenting what they got then that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending