The Student Room Group

British soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't heroes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheTruthTeller
PTSD, horrible memories of death. War doesn't make humans better but merely brings out the worst of them. Infact I'm anti war, and it is very easy for you to be pro war but when it comes to actually going and fighting yourself I'd very much dobt you would.

I'm not pro war, you know nothing of whether I would or would not go. I'm anti stupidity and ignorance.

Just because you don't understand conflict, doesn't mean you should disrespect those who suffer such hardships.
Original post by tim_123
I'm not pro war, you know nothing of whether I would or would not go. I'm anti stupidity and ignorance.

Just because you don't understand conflict, doesn't mean you should disrespect those who suffer such hardships.

You are so ignorant. You are the one that doesn't understand the history of Iraq and how the war was illegal and went against the United Nations. Carry on watching your CNN matey. Also if you were anti-stupidity you would be against the iraq and afghanistan wars
Reply 42
I agree with you 100% I see these soldiers as war criminals
Original post by Mactotaur
What makes someone less valuable? We're all the same species, and minor things like differing melanin levels shouldn't affect our worth.

Young healthy people being the highest priority and the old and disabled being the lowest.
I do not value the lives of veterean drug addicts, prostitues and other dregs in society.
BTW I am not pro white
Original post by al_94

I wouldn't go that far. But they are farr farr from heroes. I just hate the fact that people view them solely as heroes because they are risking their lives for a cause that has caused more terror in this country than good
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Yes it is.

Please explain in why you think this?
They're definitely not heroes.
You are so ignorant. You are the one that doesn't understand the history of Iraq and how the war was illegal and went against the United Nations. Carry on watching your CNN matey. Also if you were anti-stupidity you would be against the iraq and afghanistan wars

Original post by al_94

Funny, because I've seen first hand what extremist Islamic groups can do to a country.
Seeing as you have never been to Afghanistan I don't see how you can be so hardheaded.

I base my arguments from what I have actually seen and done, and having actually been to one of those countries I can tell you we do a lot more good than harm.

Do you even know anything of the history of Iraq and afghan pre 2000? Can you tell me what happened when a breakaway sect of the mujahideen started a civil war??
Original post by tim_123
Funny, because I've seen first hand what extremist Islamic groups can do to a country.
Seeing as you have never been to Afghanistan I don't see how you can be so hardheaded.

I base my arguments from what I have actually seen and done, and having actually been to one of those countries I can tell you we do a lot more good than harm.

Do you even know anything of the history of Iraq and afghan pre 2000? Can you tell me what happened when a breakaway sect of the mujahideen started a civil war??

Iraq and Afghanistan shouldn't have been this countries problem. You joined the army and should have known this. You are not doing good at all despite your intentions. Get out of the country that you have nothing to do with and help with internal problems in this country such as child poverty, homelessness and other social problems. Can you agree that afghanistan had nothing to do with this country. If so why did you go? Simply because you are a pawn of foreign policy for this country. If they really cared about you, they wouldn't send you to places that have nothing to do with you.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Young healthy people being the highest priority and the old and disabled being the lowest.
I do not value the lives of veterean drug addicts, prostitues and other dregs in society.
BTW I am not pro white

No. Stop right there.

Everyone is - or at least should be - equal. Gender, race, age - none of these should matter.

Prostitution - what's your issue with it? It's simply a job. Everyone has to make money somehow.

Was there any reason for including how you are not 'pro white'? What is it adding to this discussion? Last I checked, not all British soldiers were white.
Reply 50
Original post by tim_123

The real terrorists are the armies of NATO & Israel. I know their war aims so you can't fool me with your lies.
Iraq and Afghanistan shouldn't have been this countries problem. You joined the army and should have known this. You are not doing good at all despite your intentions. Get out of the country that you have nothing to do with and help with internal problems in this country such as child poverty, homelessness and other social problems. Can you agree that afghanistan had nothing to do with this country. If so why did you go? Simply because you are a pawn of foreign policy for this country. If they really cared about you, they wouldn't send you to places that have nothing to do with you.

Really, because when we left the local area had a school for the first time in 6 years.

i didn't go because of this countries foreign policy, I went to help people who couldn't help themselves, and I believe we did that, and some people paid a very heavy price for that.

And we do help in this country, flooding in feb last year.....

Finally, mate you are currently in what, year 11? I remember what it's like to be so opinionated at that age, but try and get a little bit of life experience before you run your mouth about things you know nothing about.

And probably stop believing everything you read.
Original post by al_94
The real terrorists are the armies of NATO & Israel. I know their war aims so you can't fool me with your lies.

You know their war aims? Hahaha don't be so rediculous
tim_123, you can multi-quote so you don't have to double post.
tim_123, you can multi-quote so you don't have to double post.

I try not to, but I read that after I had posted and im on my phone
It is a good thing to have a strong military but I have huge issues with people taking orders without questionning them. Is it not that kind of mentality that gets us into trouble? There are after all no absolutes and we should repudiate claims of infallibility anywhere and everywhere we find them - I realise my own imposture in saying so, I know I am being ironic.
Please explain in why you think this?

It is a basic, self-evident truth - an axiom of a normal moral system. Human lives are most important.
Original post by tim_123
Really, because when we left the local area had a school for the first time in 6 years.

i didn't go because of this countries foreign policy, I went to help people who couldn't help themselves, and I believe we did that, and some people paid a very heavy price for that.

And we do help in this country, flooding in feb last year.....

Finally, mate you are currently in what, year 11? I remember what it's like to be so opinionated at that age, but try and get a little bit of life experience before you run your mouth about things you know nothing about.

And probably stop believing everything you read.

Yeah that's great a school. But at what expense? Thousands of civillians killed, with the taliban still having a massive presence in the country. Helping with flooding through aid is something different to invading the country and going to war. If you want to help so much why not start here back home with the orphans? or the homeless instead of having billions of taxes going into a war which has caused death and despair. WANT TO HELP? HELP THOSE IN YOUR COUNTRY FIRST. Also you could have just send aid if you wanted to help afghans instead of going into their countries and ruining their lives.
No. Stop right there.

Everyone is - or at least should be - equal. Gender, race, age - none of these should matter.

Prostitution - what's your issue with it? It's simply a job. Everyone has to make money somehow.

Was there any reason for including how you are not 'pro white'? What is it adding to this discussion? Last I checked, not all British soldiers were white.

It is natural to value the young and healthy over the old and disabled.
Your average disabled person is unlikely to be a productive human being.
It is not a valuble skillfull job as you're feeding into negative system that damages society by spreading a wave of diseases, crime and drug use.A majority of prostitutes are addicts.I mean in this day of age why would women feel the need to sell their bodies in the streets
You wouldn't date a former prostitute, or would you?
I mean in this day of age why would women feel the need to sell their bodies in the streets

You wouldn't date a former prostitute, or would you?

Doesn't have to be in the streets to be prostitution.
What does the fact that someone used to be something have to do with anything? Being a prostitute is not like being a war criminal - you have not necessarily done anything wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending