The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When did you send off your applications? I sent mine last friday and still no word. Applied for Maths & Stats at LSE, Oxford, Warwick, UCL, ICL and Maths at KCL.
Reply 2
O_O
Offers already?

Mine went off 2 weeks ago today, and I've had confirmation that three of the universities have my application (one asking for extra information), but that's it.
Hey yea I applied to pretty much the same uni's as tazmanmaniac, except replace kings college with manchester. I've been sent a letter saying I have to go to some visiting day/interview on november 14th for manchester, but haven't heard anything from any of the other uni's except a "we've recieved your application" letter from imperial. I say just be patient.
Reply 4
sent off my ucas form about 2 weeks ago, but only got an acknowledgement email from IC.
Ive only recieved confirmation emails, but a lot of people have got offers from nottingham, I dont know why they have done it so quickly
Reply 6
my ucas form got send on the 3rd october. and today i have another offer from leeds!!! either AAB with A in maths or 2 As in maths and further. woohoo:smile:
Reply 7
Didn't Nottingham have a big drop in applications overall last year - about 14%, I think? Plus I seem to remember that they were still taking applications under 'Extra' last year. Perhaps they miss out on people because they may be many people's insurance choice? Or all that negative publicity because of the stabbings etc has had an effect? I guess they're not taking any chances this year and sending out offers as early as possible!!:confused:
Man, I wish I had applied Nottingham. At least I would know by now
Reply 9
This is fast. Two of my friends got offer from Nottingham too. While I have only received a confirmation letter, I feel unloved now:p:.
Reply 10
I've applied for Nottingham, but I haven't heard anything yet, although the number of offers I'm hearing about on this thread is making me feel hopeful.
Reply 11
Warwick(pending)---Maths department is very strong.:cool:
Durham(pending)---I like colleges.:biggrin:
St-andrews(pending)---I like its small campus.:p:
Edinburgh(pending)---I like its old history.:rolleyes:
Bath(unconditional offer)---Just choose it from Ranks.:confused:
York(pending)---insurance:mad:

I hate London,so I don't take IC UCL KCL as my options.
I sent mine on Friday the 13th (scary 13/10/2006 = 1+3+1+0+2+0+0+6 = 13 Argh! so unlucky) of October, and not surprisingly I haven't heard a thing from any of the university's.
gyt35
Warwick(pending)---Maths department is very strong.:cool:
Durham(pending)---I like colleges.:biggrin:
St-andrews(pending)---I like its small campus.:p:
Edinburgh(pending)---I like its old history.:rolleyes:
Bath(unconditional offer)---Just choose it from Ranks.:confused:
York(pending)---insurance:mad:

I hate London,so I don't take IC UCL KCL as my options.

You like colleges, so why not oxbridge?

BTW i got an email confirmation from Imperial 3 days ago, i better check my email more regularly :rolleyes: I made a more intellectual sounding one for uni applications so i have to remember to check it :biggrin:
Reply 14
yeah, imperial and bristol win brownie points for sending confirmation emails.
Reply 15
tazmanmaniac
You like colleges, so why not oxbridge?

BTW i got an email confirmation from Imperial 3 days ago, i better check my email more regularly :rolleyes: I made a more intellectual sounding one for uni applications so i have to remember to check it :biggrin:

I hate NO 1.---No.1 students. No.1 universities....:mad: but actually oxbridge may be too hard for me and the fees are so expensive for an international student.:redface:
Reply 16
Freakminer64
Man, I wish I had applied Nottingham. At least I would know by now

u sure wish! im having such amazing times here at the mo and loving my course!already got some courseworks tho..so if anyone got any questions about notts im here to answer.
btw i applied just before the oxbridge deadline last year and nottingham gave me my first offer (just cas they are the best!) out of bristol, ucl,york,sheffield and birmingham so i dunno whats all this stuff is about.
I really wish I hadn't signed up for this forum before applying. I sent my application away two weeks ago and so far I've had two conformation emails (well, it was actually the same one twice, for some strange reason) from Bristol and nothing from anywhere else (although I did get a letter from UCAS). I also applied for the wrong course at St. Andrews and Durham, and have recieved little acknowledgement of the changes from St. Andrews and none from Durham :frown: The fact that people are getting offers already makes me even more worried.
ad absurdum
I really wish I hadn't signed up for this forum before applying. I sent my application away two weeks ago and so far I've had two conformation emails (well, it was actually the same one twice, for some strange reason) from Bristol and nothing from anywhere else (although I did get a letter from UCAS). I also applied for the wrong course at St. Andrews and Durham, and have recieved little acknowledgement of the changes from St. Andrews and none from Durham :frown: The fact that people are getting offers already makes me even more worried.

The admissions tutor at Oxford was at my door today on his knees begging me to go there if that makes you feel better :yy:
Reply 19
ad absurdum

Don't worry!! I haven't got any offers yet - I'm expecting Oxford to reply in about a week or two, hopefully inviting me for interview, and the others I'll just have to stick it out :smile: There's little point in worrying about it!!

Latest