The Student Room Group

In defence of White people

Why is slavery purely depicted as a White Christian crime given the long history of slavery by others? Many Whites in history were slaves, Arabs had a huge slave trade. Turk's ottoman empire had loads of slaves. Jews by the way were a huge part of the West's slave trade but it goes ignored because it's considered anti-Semitic. The reality is a minuscule minority of the world White population owned slaves so most had nothing to do with it. So this idea that every White person on this planet was a slave owning racist is really incredibly racist itself. Heck, a lot of poor Whites hated slavery because you know what it meant? lower wages and someone to take their jobs. I think slavery largely benefited the rich, the people who owned the industries that profited from slavery. When we talk of racism what does racism mean? Racism is almost become a codeword for White because whenever Racism is mentioned it's always to do with something a White person said or may have done. When a White cop shoots a Black person it's racism. When a Hispanic cop shoots a Black person racism has nothing to do with it in the media narrative. If White people are evil, racists when do many non-White people risk their lives to live in White countries? I think White people at pretty damn tolerant to the point they're actually suffering from it. Mass immigration has made them foreigners in their homeland and it's because most White people are kind hearted good people.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This happened so long ago, as a white male, I no longer give a ****.

I'd advise others to stop holding on to their ancestors suffering, as a 'badge of honour' or an excuse to claim hardship.
Reply 2
I don't really feel like we need defending.
Hello I think most people forget that white people were also slaves as the slave trade in africa was quite long and sucessful in terms of how long it was and how rich some got out of it but bad and most known and told. I think every culture has good and bad people I think that a culture doesn't make the person also I think it doesn't matter who shoots who because shooting is a crime and bad no matter who is involved.
Reply 4
Original post by A5ko
This happened so long ago, as a white male, I no longer give a ****.

I'd advise others to stop holding on to their ancestors suffering, as a 'badge of honour' or an excuse to claim hardship.

You do realise the amount of black people that bring up the slave trade as if I or anyone I know had something to do with it is way too many, maybe I just go on tumblr too much.
Reply 5
Original post by Infan2a
You do realise the amount of black people that bring up the slave trade as if I or anyone I know had something to do with it is way too many, maybe I just go on tumblr too much.

My comment was not directed at any one colour.
Original post by PenseurRationnel
If White people are evil, racists when do many non-White people risk their lives to live in White countries? I think White people at pretty damn tolerant to the point they're actually suffering from it. Mass immigration has made them foreigners in their homeland and it's because most White people are kind hearted good people.

That's where the wealth is, regardless of the fact that these countries are "white" or not. Hell, my grandfather didn't give a damn about racist white people when he came in England with his brothers. They slept in parks because boarding houses were closed to blacks, irish and dogs.
Foreigners in their own land? Nevermind 87% of British people are white lol
White people are kind hearted good people? Generalisation much?
it must be very hard to be white these days right?

white people dont need defending, stop whining like a baby.
(edited 9 years ago)
One of the lesser known bits of history is the Arab/Moor/Turk slave trade that ran for nearly 500 years in Europe. Estimates of 1.5m Europeans were enslaved by pirates and bandits in Eastern and Southern Europe. And of course Africans too. And of course Africans enslaved other Africans.

Very disingenuous for anyone to talk of slavery as some kind of European invention. Europeans were in fact the first to realise how wrong it was!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
One of the lesser known bits of history is the Arab/Moor/Turk slave trade that ran for nearly 500 years in Europe. Estimates of 1.5m Europeans were enslaved by pirates and bandits in Eastern and Southern Europe. And of course Africans too. And of course Africans enslaved other Africans.

Very disingenuous for anyone to talk of slavery as some kind of European invention. Europeans were in fact the first to realise how wrong it was!

By indulging in it until the late 19th century??
Ancestral guilt is a moronic idea. I am in no ways responsible for the crimes of my ancestors, and anybody who suggests that I should be apologising for what they did is a fool.
Original post by jedanselemyia
By indulging in it until the late 19th century??

I believe slavery would be ongoing and very common in the Islamic world and elsewhere had European enlightenment brought a change in thinking. Fair enough some European countries engaged in it and that was very wrong, but it is ludicrous to try and paint it as a European thing as many do.
I'm white and while I don't agree with slavery (these people are still human), I consider abandoning the empire to be one of the worst things we've done. Frankly most of Africa and the Middle East is incapable of governing themselves in a manner we would consider civil and as such id support retaking them.
Where would Europe be without slavery?
But whites have profited and benefited from slavery and even till this day it still has its effect and reminders.
You people will never understand the amount of damage that was inflicted by the greed of Europeans
(edited 9 years ago)
The only way to stave off total defeat is to stop feeding the beast or otherwise destroy it altogether. Capitalism is one big pyramid scheme that requires constant growth in a finite environment and for that you also need population growth. Europeans are being primed for destruction because birth rates are too low so now you will be replaced in your own homelands by populations that are more fertile. Cold, hard logic.
Reply 15
Original post by PenseurRationnel
Why is slavery purely depicted as a White Christian crime given the long history of slavery by others? Many Whites in history were slaves, Arabs had a huge slave trade. Turk's ottoman empire had loads of slaves. Jews by the way were a huge part of the West's slave trade but it goes ignored because it's considered anti-Semitic. The reality is a minuscule minority of the world White population owned slaves so most had nothing to do with it. So this idea that every White person on this planet was a slave owning racist is really incredibly racist itself. Heck, a lot of poor Whites hated slavery because you know what it meant? lower wages and someone to take their jobs. I think slavery largely benefited the rich, the people who owned the industries that profited from slavery. When we talk of racism what does racism mean? Racism is almost become a codeword for White because whenever Racism is mentioned it's always to do with something a White person said or may have done. When a White cop shoots a Black person it's racism. When a Hispanic cop shoots a Black person racism has nothing to do with it in the media narrative. If White people are evil, racists when do many non-White people risk their lives to live in White countries? I think White people at pretty damn tolerant to the point they're actually suffering from it. Mass immigration has made them foreigners in their homeland and it's because most White people are kind hearted good people.

Oldest trick in the, try to spread the blame so less falls on you. Don't work, try again if you have better arguments.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Where would Europe be without slavery?
But whites have profited and benefited from slavery and even till this day it still has its effect and reminders.
You people will never understand the amount of damage that was inflicted by the greed of Europeans

That's right, evil greedy white Europeans, and of course if the boot was on the other foot Black Africans would never have indulged in slavery or Empire building would they? No?
Every country that has been in the position of being capable having an empire and exploiting other countries has done so. Black Africans would have exploited white Europeans in the same way given half the chance. For thousands of years it was the way humans treated one another. At least now in the west we don't and condemn it when we see it.
Christ on a rope, for an idea of the way some Africans treat each other, let alone Europeans given half the chance check out the YT video of Boko Harem slaughtering men like pigs and throwing them off a bridge*for simply refusing convert to Islam or to fight for them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I believe slavery would be ongoing and very common in the Islamic world and elsewhere had European enlightenment brought a change in thinking. Fair enough some European countries engaged in it and that was very wrong, but it is ludicrous to try and paint it as a European thing as many do.

So what, thank white people for being the only ones to realise that slavery was wrong?
"Fair enough some European countries engaged in it and that was very wrong"
The way you phrase this makes it seem as if it wasn't that big of a deal. Also, "some European countries": didn't the British Empire, France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Portugal and Italy participate?
There are different ways of practicing slavery. The European way had the most destructive consequences.
Also, why doesn't anybody mention that Ireland was a trading point for white slaves by white slavers? Saint Patrick was a white slave.
Original post by caravaggio2
That's right, evil greedy white Europeans, and of course if the boot was on the other foot Black Africans would never have indulged in slavery or Empire building would they? No?
Every country that has been in the position of being capable having an empire and exploiting other countries has done so. Black Africans would have exploited white Europeans in the same way given half the chance. For thousands of years it was the way humans treated one another. At least now in the west we don't and condemn it when we see it.
Christ on a rope, for an idea of the way Africans treat each other, let alone Europeans given half the chance check out the YT video of Bono Harem slaughtering men like pigs and throwing them off a bridge*for simply refusing to fight for them.

It is not the case of if and buts my friend, as the history has already been written.
So as the title states "in defence of white people" I mean how can you guys call for a defence when you guys created white supremacy,race, re wrote history etc
The thing about Europeans is that you guys take something whilst exercising negative practices and theories in order to get probable results whilst no mistakes should be questioned.
How are the native Americans doing?I am sure the Aboriginals are treated like first class citizens by the by the non natives.
But you know it happens a long time ago so I should forget about it :rolleyes:
Of course humans will continue to kill and die for manufactured entites and ideologies but some will be seen as monsters whilst others are seen as bad humans
Even till this day, but you refuse to understand it
I will not be held responsible for something that my ancestors may have done. I have no power in changing the past.

So quite frankly I don't give a flying ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending