The Student Room Group

Fun ways to revise.

Does anyone know ways to make revising more interesting? Like games or activities which won't be as dull as mindlessly going through model and specimen papers and reading over notes?

Teach people
One of the more fun ways I revise is I read over a section of say geography then make a powperpoint from everything I know on that section, with a quiz at the end, then I teach it to my parents/sister/friends. I was once told that you learn 90% of what you teach (not sure if its true or just my teacher showing of)

Snap

Or making up a game of snap like for chemistry I could match the full structural formula to the systematic name for it and when they are put down one after the other it's snap!

Anyone else got any other idea's?
You could make revision cards and then you and a friend could take turns testing each other
Original post by allybop99
Does anyone know ways to make revising more interesting? Like games or activities which won't be as dull as mindlessly going through model and specimen papers and reading over notes?

Teach people
One of the more fun ways I revise is I read over a section of say geography then make a powperpoint from everything I know on that section, with a quiz at the end, then I teach it to my parents/sister/friends. I was once told that you learn 90% of what you teach (not sure if its true or just my teacher showing of)

Snap

Or making up a game of snap like for chemistry I could match the full structural formula to the systematic name for it and when they are put down one after the other it's snap!

Anyone else got any other idea's?

I use flash cards and with coloured pens i write a question on one side and the answer on the other and i test myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending