The Student Room Group

Grab the nearest book, open page 25, line 5. What does it say?

Scroll to see replies

"to the idea of absolute space time! It appeared that each observer"
It controls the growth of a plant in response to light (phototropism), gravity (gravitropism or geotropism) and moisture.

Biology textbook :tongue:
Original post by Kyou
It controls the growth of a plant in response to light (phototropism), gravity (gravitropism or geotropism) and moisture.

Biology textbook :tongue:

Auxins?
Original post by morgan8002
Auxins?

Yeah :colondollar:.
Original post by LamantChenille
"You don't know what it means?" I said, grinning.
-The Kite Runner

Love that book!
Hippocrates is a world of pagans and christians - 'Patient and surgeon alike are affected by incorrect methods'

Look what I'm reading. God, I'm such a fun person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
"was holding hands, and I couldn't catch my breath, and" - The Fault in Our Stars

The nearest book is actually Alice in Wonderland, but page 25 is still part of the introduction.
"...Makganyene story further. To demonstrate Snowball Earth condi-"

-The Goldilocks Planet, Zalasiewicz & Williams
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Love that book!

It's so good! I really love it, and I'm doing it for AS English this year so reading it over and over again counts as studying! :biggrin:
"If you prefer,you can look at conference presentations: a huge amount of research gets presented at conferences, but our current best estimate is that only about half of it ever appears in the academic literature"

Longest sentence ever.
"...that the earth shook withal; and the next lion ramped and roared as if..." - Tower by Nigel Jones
"...hedge funds make bets that two similar securities but with dissimilar prices..."
Reply 72
"...gravitational energy is converted into heat energy, so the temperature rises."

Posted from TSR Mobile
"What the alderman said was untrue."

from Logic: an introduction to elementary logic by Wilfrid Hodges
"That's not a good idea" said Nana. Her voice was calm, had the...

A thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
"Ethene is thus a planar molecule with a region of electron density above and below the plane"

God I love chemistry :biggrin:

From 'Chemistry for the IB diploma' by Geoffrey Neuss
(edited 9 years ago)
The book is 'History: the definitive visual guide' and the line is 'modern humans moved into Europe'.
[He traced his] fingers around the statue base and found the writing he [remembered, engraved there twenty five years before].

Watchmen of Rome, A.Gough.
crumpled

- book of e e cummings poetry

Feel something.

- I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

(they were equally close)
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Good evening!
If the nearest book to you has less than 25 pages then just go to the last page. Regarding the # of lines, I'm pretty sure there have got to be 5 at least.
So the nearest book to me is 'The Death Cure'-third book in the Maze Runner Series.
Page 25 - line 5: For the slightest moment, Thomas doubted his decision.
Phew! I haven't even read the first book yet so glad this line didn't give anything away!
Here we go!

The book is 'Censorship Issues' [for a report I'm writing]

Page 25-line 5: generation wanted to blow to smithereens. Prominent

Quick Reply

Latest