The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by citydeer
i only got an A (was aiming for A*) but considering i didnt have a sociology teacher for 2/3rds of the year im pretty happy! and i got into my first choice uni so im happy!

what about you?

Guysss I got an A* in soc
[QUOTE=Chemi5try;58423763]Only just scraped an A last year, so to get an A*- I'm still in shock??
Got 78/80 on SCLY3
Got 108/120 on SCLY4
Shocked.
I got 80 out of 80 and 108 out of 129
Original post by Kmohazeb
Got an A in unit 3 and an B in unit 4.

Pleased!!

you off to SOAS?
Original post by xxvine
you off to SOAS?

Yep!
You?
Original post by Kmohazeb
Yep!
You?

not sure
have AAB but will probs take my place instead of adjusemnt !
Original post by xxvine
not sure
have AAB but will probs take my place instead of adjusemnt !

Goodluck
I achieved AAB too and I'm going soas! My friend is going through adjustment and it's really stressful apparantly.
Wish you all the best!
Original post by aisha 56
I got 80 out of 80 and 108 out of 129

Wow that's amazing!!
It's so great seeing everyone getting good grades despite the fact we were all crapping ourselves during exam time. Good times :h:
Original post by EmmaMacklin
This is exactly what happened to me :smile: well done honey! X

aww you too:smile: !!
Original post by xxvine
How did everybody do?

I got an A*
Got a B overall but I got A's in both SCLY3 and SCLY4! ;D
I don't have a clue how as I only got a B as AS this year after re-taking it but I've managed to get an A*, which is shocking because I came out the unit four exam thinking that I had failed!!
Original post by nor195
I don't have a clue how as I only got a B as AS this year after re-taking it but I've managed to get an A*, which is shocking because I came out the unit four exam thinking that I had failed!!

That's so cool! You must have done ultra well at A2 :smile:
Predictions for Sociology Unit 4 June 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diamondluck
Predictions for Sociology Unit 4 June 2016?

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you serious. chill
Original post by chickenfoot
are you serious. chill

lol i didn't do well in unit 4, retaking it so er, kind of need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol i didn't do well in unit 4, retaking it so er, kind of need to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! What did you get?
Original post by cherryred90s
Haha! What did you get?

lol I got a C, it bought my whole A level grade down to a B. I needed an A for uni -_- So basically when I red this exam, I must get 98/120 to secure the A 😂
How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol I got a C, it bought my whole A level grade down to a B. I needed an A for uni -_- So basically when I red this exam, I must get 98/120 to secure the A 😂
How did it go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey if you're retaking, then the last thing you want to do is focus on predictions. What if those predictions are wrong? Don't rely on predictions or you'll only be half prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
Hey if you're retaking, then the last thing you want to do is focus on predictions. What if those predictions are wrong? Don't rely on predictions or you'll only be half prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, that's true. I know most of the C&D content. I'm having problems with the whole of Theory & Methods (I didn't even touch that section of the book last time) so I need to force myself to understand things like sociology as a science etc. I'm finding this part very difficult as my teacher never taught this (she only did research methods) and it sucks as I'm not good at self teaching really.

Have you/anyone else got the same issue with me? I can't wrap my head around T&M!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending