The Student Room Group

AQA A2 SOCIOLOGY: Official Revision Thread for 2015 exams!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sophiec955
Crime and Deviance so far, I find it a lot more interesting! Because I do religious studies as well I found the beliefs section kind of hard to get my head around in contrast to the religious subject.. Need to make essays plans I think! How about you?

How far are you guys into the syllabus?
Original post by xxvine
there is so much to remember its actually scary:9

10 topics, 8 theories and all the methods arghh

are you guys revising everything?

Yeah:smile:, how far through are you on each section in class? We are 3/4 through beliefs in society and three topics+research left for Crime
Hi everyone
I am facing quite an issue for the past few days
Im a CIE A2 student and in my syllabus I have to give Religion,education,Media and Global development I could either prepare all of em or just 3 as CIE gave me a Choice
My teacher suggests me to prepare Religion,Media and Global development and leave Education she says GD chapter is much easier than education
What do you guys think is she right? because (here comes the issue)
I have the 8th edition of Haralambos and Holborn Sociology and it doesnt have GD in it the rest mentioned above it has (and its an awesome book BTW great authors)
And the 7th edition by the same authors above doesnt have GD either
I searched for days online I just cant find a book written by various authors whose names are mentioned in my sociology syllabus provided by CIE that has the chapter GD in it
*Siighh*
I came across this books content by Anthony Giddens 7th Edition
It has some material regarding global development but im not sure if its sufficient
If any one knows or has read the book or heard recommendations please advice me
Or a book by author that any of u thinks that has good material regarding GD
sorry for the long a** message
immediate response will be much appreciated :smile:
Thank you
Reply 63
Original post by Husnara_a
Message me your email address, i can send you some resources. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Can you send me some resources as well please. My email is [email protected].

It will be appreciated. Many thanks and take care,

Harri.
Hey I sent u an email :smile:
Original post by Disley01
Can you remember what the 33 marker was for crime and deviance was in the june 2014 exam please?

Crime and deviance doesn't have a 33marker it's now two 21 mark questions
My college is doing global development, crime and deviance and research methods.. I find the timing so difficult as there is so much to write in the exam!!
hey guy, i live in bangladesh and my resources aren't that great so can u please help me with something.
I checked out the Sociology 2015 syllabus and it says that Paper 1 will be on Family. Paper 2 - Theory and Methods. This is for AS.
However, when I checked all the past question papers, until 2013. It says Paper 1 - Principles and Methods 1 on all the past question papers. What should i study according to? Can you please please help me?!
Original post by Stephaniecamille
My college is doing global development, crime and deviance and research methods.. I find the timing so difficult as there is so much to write in the exam!!

OMG I know!! The global development exam is SOO hard!! How are you preparing for it? I'm so stuck for additional resources! :frown:
Original post by lewisdavis97
OMG I know!! The global development exam is SOO hard!! How are you preparing for it? I'm so stuck for additional resources! :frown:

I have no idea, I'm going to read the basics and then just write the theories up in essays.. I find the timing in crime and deviance really difficult though, there's just too much to write. How are you preparing for it??
Original post by Stephaniecamille
I have no idea, I'm going to read the basics and then just write the theories up in essays.. I find the timing in crime and deviance really difficult though, there's just too much to write. How are you preparing for it??

Global Development is just horrible. The content is nasty :frown: Crime and Deviance: I think the content is better, haven't done a mock exam yet but doing times essays is making me realise there's not much time :frown: I just keep trying to learn names of theorist which I'm terrible at and planning every single past question that's ever come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Global Development is just horrible. The content is nasty :frown: Crime and Deviance: I think the content is better, haven't done a mock exam yet but doing times essays is making me realise there's not much time :frown: I just keep trying to learn names of theorist which I'm terrible at and planning every single past question that's ever come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here! I'm just so nervous for the exams.. I feel so pressured because of uni and I just want to cry most of the time lol. Alevels are torture!
Does anyone have any notes on research methods for SCLY4? Thanks
Reply 73
Hi does anybody have any notes and essay titles on mass media unit 3 9 markers and 33 and 18 markers, I've made essay plans for each topic that may come up but I'm not sure if I've missed anything out! Thank you I'm an external candidate so I've learnt this all from scratch with no teacher:confused:
Reply 74
Most people study Crime and Deviance for unit 4, but I think the options for unit 3 are Beliefs in Society, power and politics, media and global development...

I think my college is the only place does Global Development!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if anyone has replied, but my college also happens to do Global Development.
Only me and this other girl passed AS so only two of us doing A2 haha and I'm resitting AS to boost my mark anyway, I'm studying Mass Media which is pretty ok but some of the terms are quite difficult and I'm also doing crime and deviance which im so confused on
Reply 76
Original post by luci444
Hi does anybody have any notes and essay titles on mass media unit 3 9 markers and 33 and 18 markers, I've made essay plans for each topic that may come up but I'm not sure if I've missed anything out! Thank you I'm an external candidate so I've learnt this all from scratch with no teacher:confused:

Message me your email address, i've got this great resource pack for mass media on 18 & 33 markers. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are people revising for crime and deviance? There's so much to learn I feel like my brain is about to explode.
Hey Guys, I studied Sociology A Level - Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance. I received A*'s in both units so if anyone has any questions, or needs any help then let me know!

:smile:
Original post by DeanneSocio
Hey Guys, I studied Sociology A Level - Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance. I received A*'s in both units so if anyone has any questions, or needs any help then let me know!

:smile:

Omg have you got any exemplar answers for a crime and deviance essay question please? There's so much to include and so little time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending