The Student Room Group

has he lost interest

Hi, I just need advice;

I have met this guy through a friend and we have been talking through text everyday for the past 10 months but we have not met yet properly. He always usually initiates the conversation and seems to be very interested in me. However he has told me today that he will not be able to contact for the next month because of exams. I really miss him and keep checking his social networks.

Is this a good reason or just a way to get rid of me? I have seen all these quotes on the Internet saying if someone was really interested they would make time for you. What are your thoughts on this?
Reply 1
Did you ask him to meet up with you?
Maybe he's not up for it and he's using exams as an excuse.
Petty excuse, talking once a day is hardly going to stop you getting a first
10 months how come you haven't met up?
Reply 3
Original post by Rimmie
Did you ask him to meet up with you?
Maybe he's not up for it and he's using exams as an excuse.
Petty excuse, talking once a day is hardly going to stop you getting a first

Yes he has suggested we meet up many times but it didn't work out because of our schedules. When we talk we talk more than once a day, the conversation is really long.
Reply 4
Original post by phunky_fresh
10 months how come you haven't met up?

It didn't work out because we're from different cities and because of our schedules.
Only time can tell really. Just wait for the month to go. If he doesn't get back to you then, he's trying to get rid of you. If he does pop up then that obviously means something. But he should pop up now and then, regardless because of his exams. He won't be revising 24/7 so a hi won't hurt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Farhana787
Only time can tell really. Just wait for the month to go. If he doesn't get back to you then, he's trying to get rid of you. If he does pop up then that obviously means something. But he should pop up now and then, regardless because of his exams. He won't be revising 24/7 so a hi won't hurt.

Yes only time can tell. He said he will pop up and we will meet properly after the month. The last time he spoke to me is his last seen on whatsapp.
Reply 7
I think Women should not give their advice when it involves men's actions :facepalm:

OP give him some space! He needs to study and get a good job so he can pay for your shopping expenses (if you get into a relationship/marriage)
OP I would wouldn't worry too much. I know when I really like someone and we chat everyday with long conversations my work and sleep both suffer, usually because I would much rather be talking to them and spend a lot of time thinking about them. If he knows he doesn't have the willpower to stay focussed on his revision when he could be talking to you then this is probably what he needs, cut you out completely for a bit so he can do well and then come back to you once they're over. I've had to do similar things and trust me it's hard to stay away from someone you like for so long. Don't worry, give him space to focus and do well and see what happens when the month is over :smile:
I don't think he's lost interest - he probably just thinks he'll be really busy with exams next month? I imagine studying and exams can't take up all of his time that he won't be able to text you at all, but focussing on studying and working hard is always a good thing. He needs to do well in his exams after all :tongue: Bear in mind, you guys haven't met yet, and so there's always the possibility of him prioritising his real friends (or perhaps a relationship) over someone he's yet to meet/may never meet. :redface:
Original post by Enoxial
I think Women should not give their advice when it involves men's actions :facepalm:

OP give him some space! He needs to study and get a good job so he can pay for your shopping expenses (if you get into a relationship/marriage)

Thanks your advice was very helpful. I think he's into me but I distract him way too much as we talk non stop.
Original post by Anonymous
OP I would wouldn't worry too much. I know when I really like someone and we chat everyday with long conversations my work and sleep both suffer, usually because I would much rather be talking to them and spend a lot of time thinking about them. If he knows he doesn't have the willpower to stay focussed on his revision when he could be talking to you then this is probably what he needs, cut you out completely for a bit so he can do well and then come back to you once they're over. I've had to do similar things and trust me it's hard to stay away from someone you like for so long. Don't worry, give him space to focus and do well and see what happens when the month is over :smile:

Thanks for reassuring me.
Update

He hasn't lost interest. He just texted me and told me that he missed me. He said that he couldn't stop texting me and had to text me today 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending