The Student Room Group

What were/are your biggest questions?

Hi all. I've agreed to give a talk at my old sixth form on applying to university. As it is sponsored by my university, obviously most of the presentation will be specific, but I would like to make the talk accessible to all. I would appreciate it if you could comment with questions or pieces of advice that I can answer or include in my presentation. Thank you in advance.
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
How was your experience of applying to uni?

What are you supposed to look for in a uni? (Location/atmosphere/graduation prospects...)

Have you got any tips on managing the workload? (x hours a day, background reading, rewriting notes...)

What's important to have in an application? (Extra curriculars, mock performances. literatures, lectures..)

What's accommodation/your flatmates like? (Anecdotes)

Is it easy to get homesick? (With time management you can visit home every few weekends, is natural to feel at the beginning...)

Did you find it a massive step up from 6th Form?

What kind of interesting societies are there at your uni?

Do you have any advice for them to feel happy/be successful?
Thank you so much, that is exactly the kind of topics I needed. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending