The Student Room Group

Wish I'd found this site earlier...

Hey people, thought I'd start by saying hi before I moved onto my problem!
I've only just come across this site but it's a bit too late now as I've sent my UCAS form off already- and am severely regretting it :frown:
When it was sent off I thought my application was fine but afterward I've discovered bits of it that might me detrimental to my chances of getting in.

Anyways I'm predicted A in P.E, A in English Literature and A/B in History and I'm applying for a Sport and Exercise Science degree to the following:

Loughborough- AAA
Loughborough (Sport Science and Management)- AAB
Birmingham- ABB
Durham (Sport)- BBB
Leeds- BBB
Northumbria- BBC

After taking a more detailed look at the courses I've realised that Leeds and Birmingham require a science to do the course (my stupid fault for not checking earlier) but does this mean they'll reject me on those grounds?
I've applied to L'boro twice, thinking that if I don't get on the main course I'll hopefully get on the other, but I haven't included one reference to management in my PS.
I really only want to go to L'boro but I need back-ups and this might limit my offers.
Just would like to know what everyone thinks.
Thanks
Simon
Reply 1
Borat88
After taking a more detailed look at the courses I've realised that Leeds and Birmingham require a science to do the course (my stupid fault for not checking earlier) but does this mean they'll reject me on those grounds?

Afraid so. :frown:

Borat88
I've applied to L'boro twice, thinking that if I don't get on the main course I'll hopefully get on the other, but I haven't included one reference to management in my PS.

I don't think applying to management as well willl jeopardise your chances of getting on the main course, so that's alright.

Just relax, and good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Ok thanks! Can't believe I've made such a stupid mistake but ah well, we're down to four choices already!
Reply 3
Is PE not classed as a science?? I thought it was.
Reply 4
Do they consider PE to be a science?

As Psychology courses often consider A level Psychology as a science.
Reply 5
Some uni's will be happy to transfer your course to another department and if its within 14 days you can change where you applied...
Reply 6
Walker
if its within 14 days you can change where you applied...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When did you apply? Received your welcome letter yet?
Reply 7
No, PE is not classed as a science at Leeds and Birmingham- they do specify that you need either Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
I only applied a few days ago so how do I go about changing my choice? That would be a great help.
Thanks
Simon
Reply 8
Borat88
No, PE is not classed as a science at Leeds and Birmingham- they do specify that you need either Physics, Biology or Chemistry.
I only applied a few days ago so how do I go about changing my choice? That would be a great help.
Thanks
Simon

Look around and decide which you want to switch to first. Then ring UCAS and they'll be able to change it. You need to do this soon, you can't change anything after 14 days of your app being processed. I'd try to get it sorted by Wednesday personally.
Do NOT attempt to change anything on Track yourself, as you may lose those choices altogether.

EDIT: Also, I've seen a couple of people on here mention that you can switch to a different degree at the university within 14 days via UCAS. HOWEVER, I believe you can actually change the choice completely, so don't think you have to choose another course at the same universities.
Reply 9
cant he phone ucas?
Reply 10
jl7
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When did you apply? Received your welcome letter yet?

appliede on the 1st got 3 offers and 1 interview
To change your choices, call UCAS (0870 1122211). They'll be open from 8:30am on Monday.
Stick Man
To change your choices, call UCAS (0870 1122211). They'll be open from 8:30am on Monday.

... up till 14 days after you get your welcome letter :smile:
Reply 13
Thanks people :smile: made me feel a lot better after my idiotic mistakes!

Latest

Trending

Trending