The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have reached 17 of 24 points, (70.83%)

Stupid test.
Original post by Crydamoure
You have reached 19 of 24 points, (79.17%)

Do they seriously make people do this before entering the UK?

No, this is the citizenship test. Anyone can get in with a passport or a visa (only three months without the visa). If they take this and pass, they are a British citizen and can stay here as long as they like without the need for a visa.
Original post by crozibear96
No, this is the citizenship test. Anyone can get in with a passport or a visa (only three months without the visa). If they take this and pass, they are a British citizen and can stay here as long as they like without the need for a visa.

Oh yeah. Sorry, I meant in terms of immigration.

I wouldn't have remotely expected anyone to have to do this for a two-week holiday in the UK or anything like that.
20/24 - 83.33%

Some very odd questions - why is it important that potential citizens know the century in which Christianity was introduced to England, or when NI first got their own Parliament?
Reply 84
got 18, just passed :P
11/24 But I'm not from the UK.
17/24

Why should I know who won the 10,000 m to become a British citizen (ok I am one already),
15/24. Educated guesses FTW.

(Not from the UK as my avatar indicates.)
18. Who needs to know that stuff anyway? I mean dry ski slopes, come on!
20/24. Guess I get to stay then. Funny how in one of the questions they used the US "meter" instead of "metre".
Reply 90
You have reached 22 of 24 points, (91.67%)

Not bad I'd say.

Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
20/24 - 83.33%

Some very odd questions - why is it important that potential citizens know the century in which Christianity was introduced to England, or when NI first got their own Parliament?

I'd say you've said things which should be on it, as opposed to the fact that Edinburgh has the longest dry ski slope in Europe.

I mean Citizenship tests should test things that would be majorly obvious (e.g. which side of the road we drive on, not only would it be obvious it would be dangerous) but small things as well which help them blend in to the population.
(edited 9 years ago)
10/24 lol
Original post by Ozzin
You have reached 22 of 24 points, (91.67%)

Not bad I'd say.

I'd say you've said things which should be on it, as opposed to the fact that Edinburgh has the longest dry ski slope in Europe.

I mean Citizenship tests should test things that would be majorly obvious (e.g. which side of the road we drive on, not only would it be obvious it would be dangerous) but small things as well which help them blend in to the population.

I would agree that the ski slope one is rather worse than the ones I remembered, but I maintain that the year Christianity was introduced is irrelevant (a question asking what the traditional religion of the UK is would be far better - no pointless knowledge required, and the question does encourage a better understanding of our history and culture). With regards to the NI one, the precise year is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, the question should address the fact that each of the constituent nations have devolved governments and test basic knowledge of the political system.

There is a point to this kind of test, but some of these questions are absurd.
Most of the questions aren't that bad, but some are just silly like when xmas eve is and even more so, worded slightly differently "when did the bronze age start"
Original post by zhang-liao
13/24 :colondollar:

Even though I've lived in London my entire life..

Pfft. Get out. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danconway
Pfft. Get out. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Off to where :tongue: :lol:

And that means you should too :wink:
I have lived in Edinburgh for three years and genuinely had no clue we even had a ski slope, let alone such a massive one.
It is a tough test! I need to sit mine soon. I used that site for practice with this one http://uktestpass.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/

Latest