The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering at a top uni without physics?

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
History
Geography

Is what I chose for A level. I didn't choose physics because my science faculty are shockingly bad, especially the head of physics.

Anyway, I want to do Civil Engineering as it's the most interesting degree that appeals to me.

Hypothetically, if I got straight As and did Maths, FM and Geography A2, would this still be appropriate for civil eng?

Also, would it be useful to do some more mechanics modules separately? As we only do M1.

Thanks
Original post by jake4198
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
History
Geography

Is what I chose for A level. I didn't choose physics because my science faculty are shockingly bad, especially the head of physics.

Anyway, I want to do Civil Engineering as it's the most interesting degree that appeals to me.

Hypothetically, if I got straight As and did Maths, FM and Geography A2, would this still be appropriate for civil eng?

Also, would it be useful to do some more mechanics modules separately? As we only do M1.

Thanks

Keep looking through the university requirements.

Some for example may not specify, such as Bath, although I would expect most are looking for a second science subject besides maths.

Southampton for example say: "A level in another science subject from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Geology, Further Mathematics"

Quick Reply

Latest