The Student Room Group

Does the "7 minute workout" work?

Got an app recently and am quite interested in trying it out. It says that doing just 7 minutes of intense exercise a day can be beneficial? Anyone tried this?
The literature certainly supports HIIT's effectiveness, yes.
Yeah I downloaded this too. I haven't tried it just yet but I'm assuming if you do it everyday for 7 minutes then you probably will see some results?
Original post by lightningdoritos
Got an app recently and am quite interested in trying it out. It says that doing just 7 minutes of intense exercise a day can be beneficial? Anyone tried this?

I didn't know about an app and started doing this like five years ago for the hell of it. Definitely notice that I put on a little bit of weight and don't look as sharp if I stop doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No

Unless you're utterly sedentary, this will benefit you little
Original post by lightningdoritos

If you are looking for a way to go from zero fitness to a small degree of fitness then it will have some benefit, but very quickly that kind of exercise becomes nigh on pointless.

The biggest benefit is that if you are currently fairly lazy then it will help you get into a routine, get you used to having to frequently set aside some time to work out and when you need to move on to more proper exercise routines it will be easier as you have already got into the right mindset.
Original post by Angry cucumber
No

Unless you're utterly sedentary, this will benefit you little

THIS ^ Fad workouts never work, sorry to disappoint.
Original post by UKStrongestGamer
THIS ^ Fad workouts never work, sorry to disappoint.

Well.. Its gonna help you burn calories, so its better than nothing (unless your trying to gain wait).

jonnie candito has a great video on this sort of thing, its called the home workout scam..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL4cD1TG4yg
does it work is to general a question.

it will help you burn calories
NOT build muscle

look up progressive overload
(edited 9 years ago)
No, seriously? 7 minutes?

What's the point in doing that? If I was gonna be lazy, I wouldn't do any exercise at all. 7 minutes pffft too much effort for such little benefit.
7 minutes is better than no minutes but even at a high intensity it's not going to have a huge effect on your weight, you just can't burn that many calories in 7 minutes
im pretty sure you can burn a lot of calories in 7 minutes

try doing as many deadlifts or front squats (with a decent weight) as you can in 7 minutes and see how you feel

Quick Reply

Latest