The Student Room Group

Compliance Analyst

Hi Guys,

I'am a law graduate currently working as a Paralegal in the law firm. I am looking to start a career in compliance, however I haven't done any banking internships in this regard, only a reinsurance in a multinational firm. Do I still have a chance to land a compliance analyst job? I've been looking to apply on Targetjob etc, but only found one or two jobs. Can anyone recommend any websites where I can find grad jobs in compliance?
I am a law grad and got a summer analyst internship at a BB investment bank. To be honest, you should be fine. Banks like law grads for compliance work. I had no banking experience before- just at corporate law firms. I would suggest that you do lots of research and know what issues banks are facing etc. In terms of how to find full time roles, I would suggest you look at the graduate recruitment pages of investment banks that you like - many have graduate positions in compliance but deadlines will be closing at the end of the month.

PM me if you need more info with applications, assessment centres etc.
Reply 2
Original post by meep_meep
I am a law grad and got a summer analyst internship at a BB investment bank. To be honest, you should be fine. Banks like law grads for compliance work. I had no banking experience before- just at corporate law firms. I would suggest that you do lots of research and know what issues banks are facing etc. In terms of how to find full time roles, I would suggest you look at the graduate recruitment pages of investment banks that you like - many have graduate positions in compliance but deadlines will be closing at the end of the month.

PM me if you need more info with applications, assessment centres etc.

Thanks a lot for this! I will get on it asap.

May I ask what you do now?
I'm on the LPC now. Will be applying for vac schemes and training contracts soon - not looking forward to that at all!
Reply 4
Original post by meep_meep
I'm on the LPC now. Will be applying for vac schemes and training contracts soon - not looking forward to that at all!

Where abouts are you doing that? Have you already decided what firms you will be applying too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending