The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get 40% pass mark

All my work is course work based no exams. I've been working solid since I've started uni and my teachers are still saying I haven't done enough work even though I haven't even come up for air or gone out at weekends or even gone home during reading week. I've now been diagnosed as Dyslexic as well. All this stress is starting to make me feel Ill.

So I ask now. How hard is it to pass first year.
where are you studying? and what?
It is easy, just relax.
Reply 3
40% is a 3rd which is D/E grade. If you have been getting 2:2, you've got nothing to worry about. If you got above D grades at A level, you certainly have nothing to worry about. You can do it
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
where are you studying? and what?

I'm at Southampton school of art studying Graphic arts. I got D*D*D in BTEC but still I'm so so stressed
Need more feedback from your tutors, why are they saying you haven't done enough work - what can you improve on? Things like this.
It depends what course. My sister does sports science at Bath and although she's fine with the psychology and biology aspects of the course, the maths bit is like beyond A-level so she finds that hard and has been just scraping the pass mark...so depends if you're doing a hybrid subject course and whether you're confident in every aspect of it.

Quick Reply

Latest