The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Beth_p
any good exercises that you can do daily that dont take up much time that help lose weight on the inside of your legs/thighs and then stomach? :smile:

Liposuction.

You can't spot-reduce fat.
Reply 2
Original post by Beth_p
any good exercises that you can do daily that dont take up much time that help lose weight on the inside of your legs/thighs and then stomach? :smile:

Search blogilates in youtube, her videos are amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by rkhan57

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that going to help the OP 'lose weight on the inside of [her] legs/thighs and then stomach'?
Reply 4
Original post by Ronove
Liposuction.

Pretty sure you don't need to resort to liposuction to get rid of fat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by rkhan57

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I'll check her out!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Beth_p
Pretty sure you don't need to resort to liposuction to get rid of fat

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do if you want any kind of control over where the fat is coming off your body.

You clearly want it off your inner thighs and stomach. The only way to achieve this is to lose weight in general. It might come off every other thinkable fatty area of your body first instead. You have no control over it. If you know how to lose weight, you know the answer to your question. It's no more complex than that, and trying to 'target' areas is utterly futile.
Cake. Stop eating it.
Reply 8
Original post by Huskaris
Cake. Stop eating it.

I'm not that overweight, I just want to burn a bit of fat off and to tone I asked for exercises not obvious answers thanks :smile:
Original post by Beth_p
I'm not that overweight, I just want to burn a bit of fat off and to tone I asked for exercises not obvious answers thanks :smile:

Then read what ronove said.
Reply 10
Original post by Ronove
You do if you want any kind of control over where the fat is coming off your body.

You clearly want it off your inner thighs and stomach. The only way to achieve this is to lose weight in general. It might come off every other thinkable fatty area of your body first instead. You have no control over it. If you know how to lose weight, you know the answer to your question. It's no more complex than that, and trying to 'target' areas is utterly futile.

Well that's all you had to say in the first place and I know that already it's pretty obvious I asked about specific exercises linked to those areas
Reply 11
Original post by Beth_p
Well that's all you had to say in the first place and I know that already it's pretty obvious I asked about specific exercises linked to those areas

I did say that in the first place. I said you can't spot-reduce fat. Given that you're still asking for exercises linked to those areas for the purpose of losing fat from them then no, I don't think you know that already.
Reply 12
Original post by Ronove
I did say that in the first place. I said you can't spot-reduce fat. Given that you're still asking for exercises linked to those areas for the purpose of losing fat from them then no, I don't think you know that already.

I wasn't actually asking you thanks I was replying to someone who actually answered my question
Maybe try squats and leg raises? Jumping jacks or sideways running also use the inner thighs a lot.
Leg raises are great because they use a lot of ab muscles.
Here's a pic I found on the Internet:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1420246209.072006.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Beth_p
I wasn't actually asking you thanks I was replying to someone who actually answered my question

The people giving you specific exercises are not giving you the key to burning fat in specific areas. They might think they are, though. But hey, keep being a stroppy teenager all your life.

...and I was replying to your post to me. 'Thanks'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Beth_p

Ronove is right. If you just do bodyweight squats your legs will only get bigger (because of the increased muscle) and you're unlikely to lose much fat (because such exercises aren't very intense so they don't burn many calories).

Granted if you started weightlifting in general those workouts are pretty intense which means you'll be burning more calories which means burning more fat while simultaneously making your legs stronger.

Point is the best exercise to lose fat from any area of your body is simply the exercise that will burn the most calories as you can't spot reduce fat from any part of your body - you can only spot build muscle.
Reply 16
Original post by clayclaytonton
Maybe try squats and leg raises? Jumping jacks or sideways running also use the inner thighs a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Ronove
The people giving you specific exercises are not giving you the key to burning fat in specific areas. They might think they are, though. But hey, keep being a stroppy teenager all your life.

...and I was replying to your post to me. 'Thanks'.

aha ok thank you :smile:
OP read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3014757
Original post by rkhan57

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they're uttery terrible
Original post by Ronove
Liposuction.

THIS

Original post by clayclaytonton

Posted from TSR Mobile

That won't aid in the loss of fat nor the gain of any muscle

Original post by TorpidPhil
Ronove is right. If you just do bodyweight squats your legs will only get bigger (because of the increased muscle) and you're unlikely to lose much fat (because such exercises aren't very intense so they don't burn many calories).

Granted if you started weightlifting in general those workouts are pretty intense which means you'll be burning more calories which means burning more fat while simultaneously making your legs stronger.

Point is the best exercise to lose fat from any area of your body is simply the exercise that will burn the most calories as you can't spot reduce fat from any part of your body - you can only spot build muscle.

I agree with the second and third paragraphs

Ain't no-one building muscle of bodyweight squats
Original post by Angry cucumber

I agree with the second and third paragraphs

Ain't no-one building muscle of bodyweight squats

True for the most part unless she's in the worst state ever atm and is just a walking ball of fat with no muscle whatsoever :tongue:

Latest